Is There A Way To Count Facebook Messages From Messenger
How many Facebook messages do you believe you have with your friends? Two-hundred? Perhaps you and someone on Facebook have exchanged hundreds of messages. If you’ve ever wondered, you can find that precise number, believe it or not.
Regrettably, it will need some searching. It used to be quite simple to figure out how many communications you had with someone. All you had to do was open messenger, scroll to the top, and “Loading # messages” would appear. That, however, has subsequently altered. Instead, you’ll use the developer tools in your browser to locate it.
How to Check and count How Many Facebook Messages You Have With Someone
As previously stated, the simple route is no longer accessible. You’ll need access to your browser’s developer tools to check how many messages you have with someone on Facebook. That’s simple enough on its own, but you’ll also require React Developer Tools.
Here’s how you go about it:
- First, go to Google Chrome and open it. After that, go to the Chrome Web Store to see what’s new.
- Type “React Developer Tools” into the search box in the upper left corner of the website. It’s a service provided by Facebook.
- To install, click Add to Chrome on the right-hand side. A pop-up window will appear when you click it, asking you to confirm your action. Select Add Extension from the drop-down menu.
- Close and reopen Google Chrome.
- Now, if you haven’t already, go to Facebook’s homepage and sign in using your Facebook account.
- In the upper-right corner, choose Messenger. This will enlarge to show the most recent messages. Click See All in Messenger at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Open the discussion you wish to count the number of messages on the left-hand side.
- Open your Developer Tools by clicking the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of your browser window that say “Customize and manage Google Chrome.” Hover your mouse cursor over More Tools in the drop-down menu, then choose Developer Tools.
Note: You may also hit CTRL + SHIFT + I at the same time.
- Select the Components tab in the upper-right corner of your Developer Tools.
- Instead of looking by sight, type ‘MessengerDetailView’ into the Search box.
- Your Developer window is now divided into two panes by a scroll bar. Take a look at the window on the right. Click the tiny arrow to the left of ‘activeThread’ under ‘State.’ This will grow to include more lines of code.
- Look for the term ‘message count’ at the bottom of the page. It’ll be easy to locate since it’s in alphabetical order. Once you’ve done so, you’ll be able to read the value. That’s the total amount of messages you’ve sent to that individual.
While the previous method of determining the number of messages was perhaps simpler, it had a disadvantage. To get a peek of what was going on, you had to quickly scroll to the top of your messages. Finally, it didn’t consider the messages you scrolled through. Finally, you were given an approximate figure rather than a precise one as your Developer Tools may provide.
This approach is, for all intents and purposes, much superior, and it does not require some arcane workaround. Furthermore, you are not prompted to install dubious software or pay for a service, putting your account information at danger. It’s simply a matter of diving into the code.