How To Remain Hidden From Having Birthday Wishes On Facebook
Facebook has a plethora of useful functions. Birthday reminder is one of the most popular since it allows you to get buried by messages and wishes when your birthday arrives. However, for whatever reason, you may want to receive only special greetings from those who remember your birthday. To do this, you must first understand how to conceal a birthday on Facebook.
When you conceal your birthday, your friends will no longer be able to view it or get a reminder when it arrives. This allows you to get rid of phony birthday greetings from people who don’t really care about you. Furthermore, even without a Facebook reminder, you may find out who remembers your birthday. Let’s learn more about how to conceal your birthday from Facebook!
How to Hide Your Birthday on Facebook in Simple Steps
Birthday reminder is undoubtedly one of the many services provided by Facebook. However, Facebook’s good intentions become irritating when you get many birthday greetings and messages from people you don’t know. As a result, you may want to think about concealing your birthday on Facebook. We’ll show you how to accomplish it on the web and via a mobile app. Look at this!
- Hiding a birthday reminder on the internet
Facebook provides an interesting experience on both the web and the mobile application. If you are a frequent online user, the methods below will assist you in hiding birthday notifications.
- Access Facebook on your computer and sign in with your account. Go to the profile page and click About. This menu is located beneath the cover picture, next to Timeline.
- The left sidebar will be visible, and comprehensive information will be shown on the right. Examine the left sidebar, then choose Contact and basic info.
- Scroll down to Date of birth, which is located under Basic Information. Point your cursor on the Edit option and click.
- You will have audience choices to select from, including Public, Friends, Only Me, and Custom. Only me, then click Save changes.
- Your birthdate is now hidden.
When you choose Only me, you are the only one who can see the birthday. This option prevents Facebook from sending you a birthday reminder. If you get messages and greetings on your birthday, it indicates that your friends remember your birthday even if you don’t post a birthday reminder on Facebook.
- Disabling the birthday reminder on the mobile app
Accessing Facebook via a mobile app is convenient and simple. Fortunately, you can also conceal your birthdate with this software. The easy methods outlined below can assist you.
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone and go to your profile.
- Tap the Edit Profile button, which displays next to your profile image.
- To modify you about information, scroll down and find it. You will see some information, so look for Basic Info.
- On the right side of Basic Info, tap Edit, and then choose the audience selection. You must choose Only Me to conceal your birthdate.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and press the Save button.
- Your birthdate has been successfully concealed.
Hiding a birthday on a website and a mobile application are both of the same kind. You may accomplish this using either a website or a mobile app. Make careful to choose the Only me option, since this will limit who may see the birthday to you.
How to Hide Your Friends’ Birthday Posts
How many posts did you get on your most recent birthdays? You may want to clear off any undesired birthday greetings from the timeline. Instead of removing posts, you may now hide them. This enables you to delete undesirable postings without permanently erasing them. Here are some easy ways to hide specific Facebook postings from your timeline. The procedures are usually the same for mobile apps and online applications.
- Open Facebook and go to your profile page. Scroll down to locate any undesirable posts that you wish to remove from your timeline.
- After you’ve located the post, touch the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner of each post.
- There are many choices available from this menu. Conceal from timeline to hide the post.
- The post will be removed from the timeline, and your friends will no longer be able to view it.
You may also restrict who can view your timeline postings. To do this, go to Settings and choose Timeline and tagging. Navigate to Who can view…., which is located beneath the Timeline. You may choose your audience as you wish.
How to Disable Birthday Notifications
If you are disturbed by the birthday notifications that appear in your feed on a daily basis, there is a simple way to get rid of them. You may simply disable the birthday notification and enjoy your independence. Please keep in mind that you may miss many birthday reminders, even those from close friends. However, if you are certain that you want to disable the alerts, the methods following will assist you.
- Locate and click the down arrow in the top-right corner of Facebook. Choose Settings.
- Go to the sidebar and click Notifications. Select the Edit menu option.
- Locate Birthday and click to turn it off.
When it goes off, it indicates that the birthday notifications have been turned off. You will no longer get birthday reminders from Facebook. Make a point of remembering and not missing the birthdays of your close pals.
You can prevent your friends from being informed of your birthday now that you know how to conceal birthday on Facebook. This allows you to get alerts solely from those who remember your birthday without having to rely on Facebook. You may also hide birthday posts and alerts using the methods outlined above. Best of luck!