Have you ever been required to alter a friend’s Snapchat username? Snapchat enables users to change their friends’ names to whatever they choose without their knowledge. If you know two or more people with the same name, utilizing Snapchat becomes tricky. Consequently, you may have altered one or both of them to something you can recall.
Using this functionality, you must also keep in mind that Snapchat names function similarly to your phone’s contact list. Once a name has been edited, Snapchat will only remember the modified name and destroy the original. You may still borrow a friend’s phone to view their default name. However, it will be deleted permanently on your end if you chose to modify it.
Here, we will examine the many Snapchat name-changing options. This includes altering the name of your account and your friends. There is one unorthodox way to return names to their usual form. Hence, ensure you adhere to the conclusion.
Changing your Snapchat display name or username
- Launch Snapchat and tap your profile photo in the upper-left corner.
- Choose the “Settings” cog icon.
- Choose “Display Name” or “Username” from the available options.
- Change your name, then click “Save.”
Note that you may only change your username once annually.
Alter a friend’s Snapchat alias
- Swipe down to see the search box, then put the name of your buddy into it.
- Tap on the name of a friend to see their profile page.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner to see the menu of choices.
- Choose “Edit Name“
- Change the name to any desired name, then hit “OK.”
Rename your friend’s Snapchat account to its default
- Tap “Chats” and then choose your pal’s name.
- Provide them a mail requesting that they send you their full name.
- Once they send it to you, use the method outlined above to change your friend’s name back.
Utilize a second Snapchat account
- Tap your profile picture in the upper left corner.
- Choose the “Settings” cog icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Log Out.”
- Tap “Sign Up” after logging out to establish a new account.
Alternatively, if you have a second account, try signing in with that.
- Once you have connected to a second account, swipe down and utilize the search box to find your buddy.
- Make a note of the name used by default.
- Now, log out and return to your original account to make the necessary modifications.
Consequently, you now know how to change your Snapchat name. If you follow our devious method, you may even restore names to their original form. Additionally, be cautious while updating your username, as you may only do it once a year. And once you’ve modified it, no one, even yourself, can regain it.
In addition, if you decide to alter a friend’s name, you should always keep the old one. Taking a snapshot before changing the default name on your device is sufficient to store it. Therefore, if you ever need to modify it, you can simply refer to the screenshot and make the necessary adjustments.
Frequent Requested Information
Q: Will my buddy discover that I altered their Snapchat name?
A: Editing names is a function that is exclusive to your account. This implies that regardless of how many times you change their name, it will only affect you. Their original name is securely maintained in their Snapchat account, and they will never discover that you have been altering their names.
Q: How can I recall the original name of my friend?
A: There are several methods to recall your friend’s given name.
- Send yourself a snap with their name mentioned.
- Use an app for taking notes.
- Save an image of the user’s name.
Q: Can I return my username to its original format?
A: If you have changed your username, your previous username is now inaccessible and locked. This implies that you will not be able to change your username back to normal after one year. This regulation applies to you and all other Snapchat users.
Q: How frequently may I edit the name of a friend?
A: There are currently no restrictions on the number of times you may alter a friend’s name. The sole restriction is that you may only change your username once each year.