If you’ve been using Snapchat for a long, you must be familiar with the platform’s features, which differ significantly from those of most other sites. Snapchat, which is comparatively newer than Facebook and Instagram, has separated itself aside from other platforms to develop its distinct niche. And, let’s be honest, the platform has accomplished its objective in every way.
A regular occurrence is, for instance, being blocked by a fellow Snap chatter. Now, if it were any other platform, you would be able to readily access your prior conversations with the individual, even after they had blocked you. Alas! The same cannot be said for Snapchat.
As soon as someone blocks you, your communication with them is removed from your Chats page and you are unable to view them. But do the messages vanish permanently? Or, can the messages be recovered? Continue reading to get the answers to these questions.
What happens when a Snapchat user bans me?
There are significant distinctions between Snapchat and other important social media sites when it comes to banning.
When someone blocks you on Snapchat, the following occurs:
- The individual is deleted from your list of friends (and vice versa).
- Your talks with your buddy will get erased from your Chats tab. You will no longer be able to locate your conversation with that individual (unless you use the trick we are going to tell you).
- You will no longer be able to find the individual on Snapchat. If you enter their usernames into Snapchat’s search bar, you will see No Results.
If the user who banned you is in your contacts, you could see them in the All Contacts area, but when you press on the +Add button next to their name, you will get the message “Sorry! Could not locate [username].
However, what happens to the individual’s messages and photographs? True, the messages are removed from your account, but are they gone permanently? If not, is it possible to retrieve such messages? The subsequent section contains the solutions to these questions.
Can I Recover Snapchat Messages from a Person I have Been Blocked?
If you have read thus far, we realize it must be necessary for you to see those communications that have been made to disappear by the other person without your consent.
Considering that the communications belonged to both of you, you should be able to view your earlier messages, right? Well, we are unsure about the proper course of action. But as far as viewing texts is concerned, you can take a sigh of relief from someone. Yes, it is possible to recover Snapchat messages from a blocked user. Snapchat does not appear to let blocked users view earlier messages, but there appears to be a way to view all messages that have vanished.
Using this method, you can view your chats as you could see them previously.
Follow these methods to retrieve messages from a banned contact
- Launch Snapchat and sign in to your account.
- Upon landing on the Camera page, take a random photograph. You may capture any photograph or video.
- After capturing a Snap, you will have the choice to post it to your stories, share it with friends or groups, or store it in your Camera Roll (Gallery).
- You will have the opportunity to share your Snap with friends, groups, and your stories. However, you must email the photo to the individual who blocked you.
- Select the recipient and then press the Send icon in the bottom-right corner. Your photo will be emailed out!
This strategy will help you locate the sent and opened messages before you were banned. Before being banned, if the person had sent you a message that you had not opened, you would not see them here.
Being blocked by someone is never a nice experience. And if you have been blocked on Snapchat, the situation is even worse, since you are not only barred from sending new messages but also from viewing older ones.
This article clarifies the repercussions of being blocked on Snapchat and how you may circumvent some of the limits put on you as a result of being blocked. If a user bans you on Snapchat, conversations with that user are deleted. However, we have just explained how to retrieve communications from a blacklisted sender.
If you like this blog post about Snapchat messages from a blocked user, you may also enjoy our other posts on Snapchat and comparable services. Also, remember to share this article with your friends and explore our site further.