Snapchat is now one of the most popular social media applications in the world. Snapchat users may send “Snaps” to their pals for a limited length of time. Then, if the recipient takes a snapshot of the image, the sender gets notified. However, how can you grab a Snapchat screenshot without the sender knowing?
This post will detail many methods for taking Snapchat screenshots without alerting your friends.
Four Methods to Take Snapchat Screenshots on Android Without Anyone Knowing
Here are four ways to grab a Snapchat screenshot on Android without telling the sender.
Utilize the in-built screen recorder
Android users may take covert screenshots of Snapchat using the built-in screen recorder accessible on Android handsets.
- Unlock your Android device and slide down to view the Notification Panel. Again, swipe down to reach Quick Settings.
- Swipe to the right and hit the Screen Record icon to begin screen recording.
- Launch the Snapchat or Snapchat story that you wish to save, and then hit the Screen Record icon.
- You may now take screenshots of Snapchat videos in your gallery.
Use Airplane Mode
This is another simple way for taking hidden Snapchat screenshots, but you must follow the steps in the correct order for it to function.
Some Android users have reported that this approach no longer functions, however we were able to test it on two distinct devices without issue. To minimize humiliation, we advise testing this procedure beforehand.
- Open Snapchat and ensure that the Snap you wish to screenshot is loaded, but do not yet open it.
- Double-tap the screen’s bottom to access Quick Settings.
- Enable Flight mode to deactivate Wi-Fi, cellular data, and Bluetooth.
- Open Snapchat now that your phone lacks internet access.
- Snap or Snapchat Story should be accessed and a screenshot taken.
- Go to Settings > Applications.
- Find Snapchat and tap it.
- Choose Force stop.
- Scroll down and hit the Storage button.
- Clear the cache. This is the most crucial stage. Snapchat will tell the sender that you have saved their Snap if you skip this step.
- Finally, disable Airplane Mode.
Utilize a Screen Recording App.
Several third-party applications may be downloaded from the Google Play store to capture Snapchat screenshots without the sender’s knowledge. Download your preferred screen recording application (such as XRecorder or AZ Screen Recorder) and use it to record your Snapchat session. The footage may then be captured to screenshot Snapchat.
Use Google Assistant
Google Assistant may also be used to steal screenshots.
- Launch Snapchat and load the Snap you want to capture.
- Say “OK Google” or press and hold the home button to activate the Google Assistant.
- Ask Google Assistant to capture a screenshot by speaking or entering the command.
- Send your screenshot to your preferred platform. You may now store it at that location.
Four Methods to Take Snapchat Screenshots Without Them Knowing on Apple iOS
Here are three ways to save Snapchat screenshots on an iPhone.
Utilize the Screen Recording Function
With the iPhone or iPad’s built-in screen recorder, iOS users may quickly capture Snapchat screenshots without sending a notice.
- To reach the Control Center, drag the screen’s header downwards.
- Tap the Record Screen icon. There will be a 3-second countdown prior to the commencement of the recording.
- Open Snapchat and the Snap you wish to capture a screenshot of.
- To stop recording, reopen the Control Center and hit the red record button.
You may now capture a screenshot of a movie without sending a notice.
This is also capable of recording Snapchat videos.
Use Airplane Mode
Apple users, like Android users, may utilize Airplane Mode to secretly capture Snapchat screenshots.
Snapchat, like Android, has reportedly corrected this approach, rendering it useless. However, some iPhone users report that it still functions; this may be due to the model or software version. To avoid humiliation, we suggested testing this strategy beforehand.
- Open Snapchat and ensure that the Snap you wish to capture is loaded, but do not open it.
- To open the Control Center, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Enable the airplane mode.
- Launch Snapchat, navigate to the Snap or Snapchat Story, and capture a screenshot.
- Swipe the phone’s screen up and then up again to force Snapchat to stop.
- To access Snapchat’s Settings, click the Gear symbol in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Clear Cache.
- Turn off the airplane mode.
Use Third-Party Applications
iPhones support a variety of screen-recording applications. One such software is Sneakaboo, which enables users to easily store Snapchat Stories and Snaps without sending alerts. Install the app, sign in with your Snapchat credentials, and then choose the Snapchat Story you wish to preserve.
- Utilize an Apple Mac.
- If you have access to a Mac and an iPhone, you can take a screenshot of Snapchat.
- Connect your iPhone to your Macbook, then launch the QuickTime Player application.
- Click File > New Movie Recording, then choose your preferred recording option.
- Select Your iPhone for video recording output. Your Mac should now replicate your iPhone’s display.
- Simply press the Record button.
- Open Snapchat and the Snap you wish to save on your iPhone.
- To take a screenshot, press Command + Shift + 4 on your keyboard.
Snapchat Screenshots Are Morally Questionable
Snapchat offers snapshot alerts for a purpose. Remember that capturing a screenshot without the person’s knowledge is a violation of their privacy, even if at the moment it seems like a good idea. However, if your motives are pure, we hope this instruction was helpful.