For anyone who has ever been in a situation where they need to access a secure WiFi network from an iPhone, the process may seem daunting. However, with a few simple steps, it is possible to access the password for a secure Wi-Fi network with relative ease. This article will show readers how to see a WiFi password on an iPhone, providing a quick and easy solution to a common problem.
I. Understanding the Basics of Viewing a Wi-Fi Password from an iPhone
Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network
Before attempting to view a Wi-Fi password on an iPhone, the user must first connect to the desired Wi-Fi network. Open the Settings app then tap on the Wi-Fi option located near the top of the page. Then, select the network which the user wants to join. Once the device is connected to the network, proceed to the next step.
Displaying the Network’s Password
To retrieve the password, tap on the network’s name and an options window will appear. Here, the user can observe various pieces of information such as the IP address, channel and encryption type. Scroll down until the ‘Show Password’ toggle is visible. Toggle this to activate the typing field which contains the network’s password.
Backing Up from Wi-Fi Networks
From time to time, the user may require a backup of the Wi-Fi networks to which their device has connected. This can be done by navigating to the ‘Settings’ option then selecting ‘Wi-Fi’. Next, tap the ‘i’ symbol, which will lead the user to a window containing details about the entire network. From here, the ‘Forget this Network’ option can be selected in order to back up the network, while the ‘Share Password’ option can be activated to share the password with another device. The following shall be removed from the profile should the user choose to forget the network:
- The profile of the network
- The current password
- Certificate associated with the network
- Network’s details including the SSID
II. Accessing Wi-Fi Network Settings on an iPhone
When carrying out an online task, it is often necessary to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Apple users have the option to easily join a Wi-Fi network from their iPhones. To do this, they need to access the Wi-Fi settings of their iPhone.
Firstly, users need to tap the Settings icon on their iPhone’s Home screen. Once the settings page is open, they scroll down to the Wi-Fi option which is usually located under the section ‘Wireless & Networks’. Tapping on the option will open the list of available networks.
Users need to then select the appropriate Wi-Fi network they wish to connect to. In some cases, they might need to also add in a Wi-Fi password. If not, they can select the “Join” option to finalize their connection. After the connection is successful, the Wi-Fi symbol will appear beside the name of the network and next to the signal bars.
- Tap Settings icon on the Home screen.
- Scroll down to the Wi-Fi option
- Select the Wi-Fi network
- Enter the password if prompted
- Tap Join
IV. Step-by-Step Guide to Seeing Wi-Fi Password in iPhone
Finding the Wi-Fi Password in iOS
The following steps will help you to find the Wi-Fi password of your iPhone, in addition to other Apple devices that support iOS 12 or later.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the option Wi-Fi and select the name of the network you are already connected to.
- You will be prompted for your device’s passcode or your Touch ID or Face ID. Enter the correct credentials.
- You will now be able to see the option Network Password. Tap on it and it will show you the Wi-Fi password of the network.
For networks that require an additional login page, you will have to enter the password of the network to gain access to the restricted content. At the bottom of the login page, the password will be displayed but it is recommended to remember it for future use.
V. Troubleshooting Common Issues with Retaining Wi-Fi Password from an iPhone
Having trouble remembering your Wi-Fi password after updating your iPhone? The following steps will help you troubleshoot common issues with retaining the Wi-Fi password from an iPhone.
- Open the Settings app and select the Wi-Fi option located at the top.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi button is enabled, if not, select it.
- Tap the ‘i’ icon next to the router’s name and select the Forget This Network option.
- When it asks, select Forget Network again to confirm your action.
- After that, verify that your Wi-Fi connection is active by going back to the Settings app.
Update Your iPhone’s iOS
- First, locate the Settings app or open it if it is already in your home screen.
- Tap General, then select Software Update.
- Your iPhone will begin searching for the new update and then it will download it.
- Once done, you can now reconnect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network.
- Input the password once the phone prompts for it with the box for the password input.
Reset the Router
- Locate the reset button on your router and push it down for several seconds.
- Wait for the router to reset. When the indicator lights return to their normal state, your router should be reset.
- After the reset, reconnect your device to the Wi-Fi network and input the Wi-Fi password.
Hopefully, this article has provided a clear understanding of how to view the wifi password of an iPhone. With the steps outlined above, it should be an easy and straightforward process. We hope this information has been helpful in connecting and using wifi services with your device.