Every year, Spotify provides its avid users with an overview of the music they’ve listened to called the Spotify Wrapped feature. This year-in-review presentation speaks the universal language of music and helps users reflect on their listening habits, discover new music, and most importantly, marvel at the musical journeys they’ve completed. In this article, we will guide users through the process of viewing their Spotify Wrapped and all that it has to offer.
1. Overview of Spotify Wrapped
Spotify Wrapped is an annual tradition for Spotify users, where music streaming data is collated for the entire year to create a personalised music report. As one of the most popular streaming services, it defines the year of music for millions of users around the world. In Spotify Wrapped, users are provided with data about their listening habits from the year, as well as insights into their own and the global music landscape.
Features of Spotify Wrapped
Spotify Wrapped includes several features, detailing users’ individual music and listening habits throughout the year. These are outlined as follows:
- A personalised report summarising the user’s music insights, including how long they have listened in total, what genre they have listened to the most and key statistics.
- Playlists of the user’s top tracks, created by genre and decade, providing a snapshot of the user’s music library.
- A detailed list of the user’s most listened-to artists and tracks.
- Data about their listening habits compared to the global music trends.
Spotify Wrapped provides users with an extensive report of their listening habits from the previous year, as well as insights into their own and the global music landscape. Through providing personalised music playlists, summaries of key statistics and comparisons to the global music industry, Spotify Wrapped is a fun and informative way for users to round up their year of music.
2. How to Access Spotify Wrapped
Spotify Wrapped 2020 is an annual review of your listening habits on Spotify. To access it, simply follow the steps below:
- Log into your Spotify account on the web.
- Click on “Discover” in the top navigation bar.
- Click on “Year in Review” under the Playlists section.
This will open up your Spotify Wrapped Year in Review page. On the left hand side of the page, you can see some of your listening stats for the year such as total number of minutes streamed, total number of songs streamed, top artists, top genres and top tracks. On the right hand side, you will find a unique playlist with 30 of your favorite songs from the year. You can save this playlist and share it with your friends.
Important note: Spotify Wrapped is not available to all users and may not show up in all countries. If you don’t have access, you will be redirected to the regular Spotify home page. If you have access and still can’t find it, you can use one of the third-party platforms such as TuneBat to generate your Spotify Wrapped stats.
3. Making Sense of Your Spotify Wrapped
Once you’ve gotten your Spotify Wrapped results, it’s time to make sense of it all. Here are some of the key insights you can gain from your Wrapped:
- Your Most Played Song and Artist: Your most played song and artist are likely some of your favorites, and are indicative of your musical interests and preferences. If you’ve never heard of the most played artist, it might be time to check them out and expand your music horizons.
- Your Genre of Listening: Your personalized Wrapped will include a genre of music that you were drawn to this year. With this insight in hand, you can explore more music from that genre and possibly find some new favorites!
- The Variety of Your Listening: It’s common for some listeners to get trapped in a rut of listening to the same few songs, over and over. Spotify Wrapped shows you how many different artists, songs and genres you are listening to so you can keep your music library fresh.
Beyond the music-specific data, Wrapped also provides insight into your listening habits. Spotify breaks down the results by average daily and daily peak listening, giving you a better understanding of when you are drawn to music the most. You can also compare your Wrapped results to those of your friends, creating games and conversations based on your collective music knowledge!
4. Exploring Your Musical Journey: Going Deeper Into Your Statistics
Having looked through your overall analysis, it’s time to explore your progress further. There are so many options to get detailed information on your past work. Let’s start by looking at the four broad categories of tracking that statistics can offer: citations, streams, album sales, and tour statistics.
- Citations: You can look through the overall citations of your work, both online and in print. Keeping track of them can help you reflexively think about your own position in the wider cultural landscape.
- Streams: One of the most important methods of tracking your work today is streaming. Look at the various streaming platforms and how your music has been received.
- Album Sales: Make sure to look at the various numerical measurements of how many physical albums of yours were purchased. This information helps form the backbone of the argument for your overall impressions.
- Tour Statistics: This is an important way of tracking your success. Look not only at the numbers of tickets sold and cities visited, but also at feedback from fans and any other impressions formed while on the road.
By exploring your musical journey further, you can have a deeper understanding of the impact of your music on the world around you and develop the insights you need to continue striving forward. Assemble the necessary analytics tools and make use of your own understanding of the trends in the industry to make good decisions.
Spotify Wrapped is a popular annual report that Spotify users receive that tells them the songs, artists, and genres they’ve streamed the most over the past year. It’s a great way to share unique insights into users’ listening habits, and to make the report more engaging and shareable, marketers are now tasked with creating visuals that capture the data.
Using visuals to promote any Spotify Wrapped report is a great way to draw attention to the client’s brand. By making the report more visually appealing, users are more likely to share it with their friends and family. Additionally, visuals are a great way to tell stories, and stories often engage audiences more than standalone statistics.
- Create Infographics: Creating an infographic out of the Spotify Wrapped report is an effective way to convey the data in a more interesting way. The most important pieces of information can be aligned on one page, highlighting the most noteworthy stats.
- Introduce Animations: Animations can be used to add visual interest to the data and make the report more inspiring and shareable. Animations can be created to represent how a user’s listening habits evolve over time, highlighting the streams and diversions in their favorite music.
- Maximize Shareability: Creating visuals for Spotify Wrapped also increases its shareability. Users can easily share the visuals with their friends and family, spreading the data to more people. This is a great way to encourage engagement and promote the client’s brand.
In the end, visuals are a powerful tool that can make Spotify Wrapped reports more engaging and shareable. By using the right visuals, marketers can make the report more memorable and inspiring, leading to better engagement and potentially more streams. We hope that this guide has been helpful in teaching you how to navigate Spotify Wrapped. Whether you’re discovering which genres, songs, and artists you’ve been listening to the most in the past year or taking a stroll down memory lane, Spotify Wrapped is a great way to celebrate the music you’ve discovered and enjoyed in 2019. Enjoy!