Listening to music is a popular pastime for many, and streaming services like Spotify have only grown in popularity. Every year, Spotify releases its famous Spotify Wrapped feature that gives an insightful report on each user’s listening habits from the past 12 months. As we move into next year, many Spotify users are interested to find out when we can expect the 2022 edition of Spotify Wrapped to be released. In this article, we will provide an update on the latest release date for Spotify Wrapped 2022.
1. What Is Spotify Wrapped?
Spotify Wrapped is an annual recap feature on Spotify that provides users with insights into their streaming habits. It is based on a user’s personal streams over the last 12 months, including their top artists, songs and genres.
When you log into your Spotify account and access the Wrapped page, you will be able to see statistics such as the number of streams, your top artists, top songs, top genres and so on.
It also allows users to share their Spotify Wrapped albums, playlists and stats with others.
Some of the great features of Spotify Wrapped include:
- Genre & Mood Selection: Users can easily keep an eye on the type of music they listen to the most and they can even see the music they are most likely to listen to.
- Music Discovery: Spotify Wrapped helps users to discover new sounds, artists and music from different countries, genres and styles.
- Personalised Playlists:Curate customised playlists for yourself and for others so that you can relive your listening moments from the past year.
Overall, Spotify Wrapped has changed the way people look at and access music online and provides users with a unique way to stay connected with the music they love.
2. The History of Spotify Wrapped
Spotify Wrapped has come a long way since its launch in 2015. Initially born out of the app’s attempt to curate users’ experience according to their personal music tastes, the customization and increased user engagement quickly drew the company’s attention and the official release came just a few months after.
Before long, Spotify Wrapped infused fun and nostalgia into millions of users’ music streaming experience. Modern-day folks were presented with a personalized statistical snapshot of their musical year, including their top artists, tracks, genres, and much more. Adding to the delight, each section of the annual wrap-up suite reflected users’ prior twelve months of music listening.
As time went on and the Spotify family grew further, so have the Wrapped services. Now, it is not only possible to review a users’ year in music, Post Malone fans being able to relive the artist’s rise to dominance, but listeners can now also access decade-based reviews too and get an overview of their music taste during the past ten years.
From its humble beginnings as something of a game, to becoming an ever-expanding music retrospective piece, Spotify Wrapped continues to enthral fiends of the streaming service, uniting them with their love of music and making it all the more personal.
3. When Can We Expect Spotify Wrapped 2022?
Spotify Wrapped continues to surprise its users with updates every year. As of now, the most commonly asked question by Spotify users is “”.
The answer is simple – as soon as the current Spotify Wrapped 2021 ends on 17th June. Each year, Spotify introduces its unique Spotify Wrapped for its users and throws light on the user’s extensive music and podcast list. After all, the move helps the streaming platform in comprehending the listener’s music choices.
Now, just like other years, the users can look forward to the new year’s Spotify Wrapped to find out their musical trends. This whole feature provides listeners an insight into what songs they have been listening to on the platform throughout the year, thereby helping them discover new albums, tracks and podcasts they love.
Spotify Wrapped 2022 will offer its users a comprehensive look at their music trends in an innovative manner. Here they can expect to see details like:
- The Most Played Genres (across music, podcasts and more)
- The Most Played Songs (including old and new music)
- The Most Active Times (when the user listened the most)
This yearly personal report will encourage users to explore new music and music related activities. It is unarguable that the more you know about one’s music habits, the better you can use this platform. What’s more? It is a great way to spot some new music trends, follow the most popular artist and make playlists of your own.
4. What Is Involved in Spotify Wrapped 2022?
Every year, Spotify creates an engaging personalized summary of the past year’s listening experience. After users opt in, the platform gives users a unique image with personalized stats revealing what music and podcasts they’d been streaming over the past year. The feature, called Spotify Wrapped, is available for all users for the entire year of 2021.
This year, when Spotify Wrapped 2022 arrives at the beginning of the new year, users can expect the same format. Spotify takes a retrospective look at music discovery, habits and trends from the past 12 months. It includes the most streamed songs, artists, genres, favorite podcasts and podcast episodes – all tailored to the user’s listening habits.
When users access the 2022 Wrapped feature, they will be able to assess their music trends over the past year. They will be able to compare the music they enjoyed the most to what is popular in the music industry. Additionally, Spotify’s 2022 Wrapped feature allows users to check in on their listening patterns over the year, and discover new musicians or podcasts that may be the perfect fit.
- Reflect on Listening Habits: Users can assess their music trends over the past year, and gain an understanding of their primary listening habits.
- Compare Music to Industry Trends: Spotify Wrapped 2022 gives users the perspective on their personal music experience and how it intersects with what is popular in the music industry.
- Discover New Music & Podcasts: Exploring different musical genres and podcasts can help users find new music and podcasts they wouldn’t have otherwise discovered.
5. How to Get Ready for Spotify Wrapped 2022
With a new year quickly approaching, now is the perfect time to startthinking about Spotify Wrapped 2022. Spotify Wrapped is an annual tradition where users get an overview of theirmost-listened to music and genres for the year. It’s the perfect way to reflect on the music you’ve been listening to and find something new for the new year. By preparing for Spotify Wrapped 2022, you can make sure you get an accurate look at your music preferences and make adjustments to your listening if needed. Here are five tips to help get you ready for Spotify Wrapped 2022.
1. Listen to New Music
- Exploring new music is a great way to diversify your listening habits. Taking the time to listen to different genres, artists and styles can help you find new music you love.
- Check out music discovery blogs and websites like Hype Machine, Good Music All Day, and Earmilk for new music recommendation to explore.
2. Bonus Tracks and Compilation Albums
- Include any bonus tracks or compilation albums when you compile the music that you listened to in the past year. Spotify Wrapped only takes the length of a song into account, which means that extra songs that boost the length of an album result in a higher count.
- Be sure to include any bonus songs that aren’t included on the main track list when you tally your songs.
3. Set Goals
- Creating goals for yourself is a great way to make sure you’re continuing to expand the variety of music you listen to. Consider setting a goal to listen to a few artists from a different genre each month or even per week.
- Make sure your goals are attainable, but something that still challenges you and helps you step outside of your comfort zone.
By taking into consideration these tips for preparing for Spotify Wrapped 2022, you can ensure the best look back on the music you’ve been listening to and help get started off on the right foot when it comes to finding exciting new music for the new year.
Spotify Wrapped 2022 is still months away and, while the exact release date has yet to be announced, an educated guess predicts it will drop around the same time as always. For music lovers, all that remains is to wait and see, as Spotify reveals all the exciting details in the weeks and months ahead. Until then, keep listening, exploring, and finding all your favorite songs on Spotify!