Facebook users could view their friends' active status on Messenger App when they text each other. But these days, Facebook Messenger App has added new features to the App. Features that can hide one's Active status from other users.
Nowadays, users have complaints that they can't see other users' active status on their chatbox. They have questions about why the app doesn’t display the active status of their friends anymore.
The App does have other users' active status but there are ways one can hide their active status or it could be your App's settings that have somehow stopped their status to be displayed or so. Some reasons why Messenger doesn't display the active status of users in your friend list are as follows.
Reasons for not displaying Active status for contacts on the Messenger App:
- Your active status is turned off: Facebook Messenger has a feature that allows you to hide your active status from other users. You can go to the settings and there you can find the “Active status” option. Just turn it on or off according to your need. But you should be aware that once you turn it off then you won't be able to see other users' status as well. No one will be able to see your active status along with you not being able to see others' active status.
- Another reason could be that you have turned off your Active status on other devices as well because of which you couldn’t see your friends' active status. At least one of your devices should have its Active status turned on to see the active status of other users.
- Others Active status is turned off: When other users have also turned off their active status then you can't view their active status as “active…minutes ago”. Also, you should have your active status on so that in this case. If both have turned off their active status, no one will be able to see either of their statuses.
- Another reason for Messenger App not displaying the active minutes for your contacts could be that they haven't logged in. They must be logged out of Facebook or Messenger at that time. One more thing you should know is that Messenger doesn't show the active status if the user hasn't logged in for more than 24 hours. The time should exceed a day for Messenger to stop the display of active status.
- Other reasons that you can't see their Active status could be that they aren't on your friend list. You and the other user aren't connected on the Apps, neither Facebook nor Messenger.
Third-Party Tool or Apps
There are many third-party app and tools developed for executing these kinds of actions. You just need to install these apps in your device, any device you want to use it on. This app is designed so that it helps you do this job. You need to fill up the required information and follow the instructions given. The link to the app is given here:
The above-given reasons might help the viewers to find the answer to their questions. It is all about the features of Facebook or Messenger that have made such changes in the active status of users. One can simply turn off their active status and hide it from other users. Also because of many privacy issues or being disturbed during their buys hours, most of the users have done it. It is their choice so you can't interfere with it. Many users just text each other through messenger but aren't connected because of which they can't view their active status. Some users might be busy and may have logged out for more than 24 hours so their status hasn't been displayed. Some only use Facebook without installing Messenger because of which their activity is not shown on Messenger. Also Facebook Messenger these days have somehow started showing the activities of less than 4 hours, a new change in the App, because of which the all day long activity is not being displayed.