Are you looking to spruce up your LinkedIn profile? One of the most effective ways to do so is by including certifications that are relevant to your job and experience. Including certifications on LinkedIn as part of your profile can showcase your accomplishments and convince potential employers that you are a valuable candidate. In this article, we will provide easy steps for adding certifications to your LinkedIn profile.
1. Benefits of Adding Certifications to Your Linkedin Profile
Adding certifications to your LinkedIn profile is an easy way to demonstrate your professional credentials. A certification showcases a wide range of skills and abilities, which can help make your profile more attractive to employers and help you stand out from other applicants. Here are some of the :
- Increases visibility with recruiters: Recruiters and hiring managers use LinkedIn to search for potential candidates, so it is important that you make your credentials visible. By adding certifications to your profile, you will stand out from other applicants and be more easily noticed by recruiters.
- Shows commitment to professional development: When employers review your profile, they want to find evidence that you are committed to developing your skills and advancing your career. Showing that you have taken the initiative to become certified in certain areas – from computer programming to public speaking – can be a great way to demonstrate your professional commitment.
- Connects you with like-minded people: Joining a professional certification organization can help you to connect with like-minded individuals. It can help open up valuable networking opportunities and even job possibilities. Additionally, getting certified can give you access to exclusive events, articles, and other resources.
No matter your profession, adding certifications to your LinkedIn profile can be a great way to highlight your skills and experience, stand out from other applicants, and open up new opportunities. Listing your certifications on LinkedIn also helps demonstrate your commitment to personal and professional growth.
2. How To Add Certifications to Your Linkedin Profile
Adding Certifications to Your Profile
LinkedIn provides you with the ability to add certifications you have earned that relate to your professional skills or qualifications. Adding certifications to your profile helps you demonstrate expertise in your field and gives potential employers or recruiters insight into your qualifications. Here are a few steps on :
- Click on the Me icon in the top menu bar, located at the top right corner of your home page.
- Click View Profile
- Click the Add profile section button in the top right corner of your profile page just below your profile photo.
- Scroll down and click the “Certification” option
- Click the “+” button and type in the name of the certification you obtained.
- Complete all the fields on the page including the certification name, credential issuer, license number (if applicable) and add in the dates of completion or expiration.
- Click “Save” to add the certification.
You can add up to 50 certifications on LinkedIn. Once the certifications have been added to your profile, they are visible to the public. Your profile visitors will be able to view them on your profile below your education details. You can also choose to show these certifications when you apply to a job.
3. Tips for Displaying Your Certifications on Linkedin
1. Leverage Your Summary Section
Be sure to display your certifications in the Summary section of your LinkedIn profile. Here, you will have a lot of space to talk about your accomplishments, so make sure to showcase your certifications prominently. You should clearly list all relevant certifications, as well as the type of certifications and the granting organization. It is also a good idea to provide a brief description of the certification so that viewers can easily understand how it relates to your work.
2. Utilize LinkedIn’s Certifications Feature
LinkedIn has a special Certifications feature that can be used to highlight any certifications or professional licenses. This feature allows you to link directly to the granting organization’s website and even attach a PDF of the certificate. To add your certifications:
- Go to Edit Profile → Certifications.
- Click + Add to enter the certification details.
- Fill in the certification name, dates, organization, and any other relevant information.
- Press Save.
3. Display Your Certifications Elsewhere
Remember that your LinkedIn profile is only one of several places to show off your certifications. You should also add your certifications to your resume, website, or portfolio. Doing so will ensure that employers and recruiters can easily find and verify your qualifications.
4. Managing Your Certifications in Linkedin
Making Certifications Visible: To display your certifications on your Linkedin profile, you have to attach them to appropriate sections on your profile. Head to your profile page, click on ‘Add profile section’ and select ‘Certifications’ from the drop-down menu. You must then fill in the details like issuer, title, number and date obtained of the certificate and click ‘Save’. You can also rearrange the order in which the Certifications appear on your profile by dragging them up or down.
Updating Certifications: To make sure that the information regarding your Certifications remains accurate and up-to-date, make sure you update the issuer, title, number, and date of issue as necessary. Perform a detailed review of the certification entries on your profile at least once a year. You can also add dates to show when the certification needs to be renewed to ensure you stay up-to-date.
Renewing Certifications: Keeping your certifications up-to-date is important for professional recognition and success. Thus, consider taking note of the expiry dates and noting them down in a calendar for reminder. You can also set up email reminders for yourself to ensure you don’t miss out on any of your important renewals. Renew your certifications regularly to advance your career.
5. Using Your Certifications to Stand Out in the Professional Network
If you have obtained certifications that are relevant to the field in which you are seeking employment, these are credentials that will measure your skills and knowledge to other professionals. Employers and recruiters today are taking a closer look at Certifications when deciding who to hire for a position. Here’s how to use your certifications to stand out in the professional network.
- Research certifications that are industry-recognized.There are a wide variety of certifications available through various organizations and universities. Research the certifications that are industry-recognized and will boost your credibility as a professional.
- Review the requirements for certification.Most certifications usually require the passing of an oral or written exam. Before you can undertake the process, you need to ensure that you have the necessary qualifications.
- Demonstrate your achievement on social networking sites.You need to let potential employers and recruiters know of your achievements. Doing this on social networking sites will let employers know that while they may not know you personally, your qualifications and skills are verified.
Certifications can open up many opportunities for you in the job market. Once you have received them, you need to make sure that your certifications are seen by recruiters and potential employers. With the use of social networking sites, you can be able to take advantage of the opportunities your certifications offer.
By following these few steps and taking the time to review your own skills and interests, you can easily add credibility to your profile by adding certifications to your LinkedIn profile and make potential employers aware of your skills and qualifications. This, in turn, can help open doors for career progression and advancement.