Can Blocked Contacts See My Newly Changed Phone Number on Whatsapp?
WhatsApp users are able to change their phone numbers without creating a new account for themselves. However, several questions may arise about how changing your phone number affects your blocked contacts on the app. Let’s discuss if a blocked contacts can see your new phone number after a phone number change.
Does Whatsapp Notify Blocked Contacts of a Phone Number Change?
No, WhatsApp does not notify your blocked contacts about the change in your phone number once you change it. Your blocked contacts will not be able to see your new phone number due to the following reasons:
- Your Contact Will Only Be Notified When You Unblock Them:If you have blocked a contact previously, they will only receive a notification once you unblock them. If you have not unblocked them, they won’t be notified of any changes in the number in any way.
- They won’t be able to see your profile picture: Your blocked contacts will not be able to see your profile picture even if you change your number.
- No number changes and notifications under restricted list: Your blocked contacts will not get any kind of notification of changes in your number when it is under restricted list.
Will Blocked Contacts See My New Number If They Search for It?
No, your blocked contacts won’t be able to find your new phone number even if they search for it because it is not shared with them. Even if they look for your new number on WhatsApp, they won’t be able to find it unless you unblock them.
To sum up, when you change your phone number, your blocked contacts won’t be able to see it on WhatsApp. They will only be able to see it once you unblock them. That being said, you can always keep your new number private if you have blocked someone on the app.
3. How can a blocked contact attempt to contact the new phone number on Whatsapp?
If a contact was blocked on Whatsapp, they would not be able to message or call the new phone number. If the blocked contact wants to try to contact the new phone number on Whatsapp, they would need to unblock the old number and then ask the new phone number owner to add the old number back to their contacts list.
1. When a contact has been blocked on Whatsapp, can they still see the newly changed phone number?
No, once a contact is blocked, they are unable to see any account information, including a newly changed phone number.
4. Is it possible to keep the same Whatsapp account with a newly changed number from blocked contacts?
Yes, it is possible to keep the same WhatsApp account with a newly changed number from blocked contacts. All you have to do is log into the same account with your new phone number. The blocked contacts list will stay the same, so the person will remain blocked from contacting you on your new number.
2. What options are available for changing the phone number on Whatsapp without notifying blocked contacts?
Unfortunately, there is no way to change the phone number on WhatsApp without notifying blocked contacts. However, if you have previously blocked someone on WhatsApp, they will not be able to see your updated contact information.
If you need to change your phone number, you will need to create a new WhatsApp account with the new number and transfer your chat history from your old account to the new account.
5. Does changing phone numbers on Whatsapp require any special permissions from blocked contacts?
No, changing phone numbers on Whatsapp does not require any special permissions from blocked contacts. Blocked contacts will not be able to see the new phone number or contact the user again.