How to Block a Particular Number in Whatsapp Group
Whatsapp groups are a great way to keep in touch with family, friends and colleagues. However, they can be spoiled by members who send unsolicited messages. Here’s a quick guide on how to block a particular number in a Whatsapp group.
Step 1: Invite the Person as a Member of the Group
First, add the person whom you would like to block to the group as a member and allow their access.
Step 2: Open the Group and Go to Group Info
Navigate to the group chat in Whatsapp and open it. Then, press on the group name at the top and select “Group info” from the given options.
Step 3: Select the Member that you Want to Block
Tap on “Group Members” and find the person that you want to block from the list. Press and hold on their name and select “Block”.
Step 4: Unblock the Member
The person will be blocked instantly and will no longer be part of the group. To unblock the member, go back to the group info, tap on “Group Members”, select the person again and tap “Unblock”.
Step 5: Repeating for Multiple People
If you would like to block multiple people, you can easily repeat the same steps for each person.
- Ask politely first: Before resorting to blocking someone in the group, ask politely first if they could stop sending unsolicited messages.
- Consider muting the group: If you don’t want to block someone, you could also mute the group to stop receiving notifications.
- Be aware of group guidelines: Make sure to read and respect the group guidelines, as this will help everyone avoid conflicts.
Blocking someone in a Whatsapp group is a quick and easy way to ensure that the group remains pleasant and free from unwanted messages. Try to follow the steps provided here and you won’t have any problems.
2. Is it possible to block a particular number from posting in a Whatsapp group?
No, it is not possible to block a particular number from posting in a Whatsapp group. However, the group administrator can remove people from the group and stop them from rejoining. The group administrator can also mute a specific person as well as the whole group.
4. Is blocking a number from a Whatsapp group different from blocking it from the normal Whatsapp messaging service?
Yes, blocking a number from a Whatsapp group is different from blocking it from the normal Whatsapp messaging service. When you block a contact on the regular Whatsapp messaging service, the person will no longer be able to message you or view your profile. However, when you block a contact from Whatsapp group, the contact will no longer be in the group but will still be able to message you and view your profile.
3. Can a blocked number still be able to see messages sent by the Whatsapp group?
No, a blocked number will not be able to see messages sent by the Whatsapp group.
5. Does blocking a particular number in a Whatsapp group have any effect on the user’s messaging threads with other members of the group?
No, blocking a particular number in a Whatsapp group will not have any effect on the user’s messaging threads with other members of the group. Blocking a particular number will only restrict the user from receiving messages from that particular number. All other members of the group will still be able to receive and respond to messages from the user as usual.
1. What are the steps needed to block a particular number in a Whatsapp group?
The steps needed to block a particular number in a Whatsapp group are as follows:
1. Open the Whatsapp group conversation.
2. Tap the three-dot menu icon at the top of the group conversation.
3. Select the “Group Info” option from the list of options.
4. Scroll down to the Members section of the group info.
5. Tap on the person you want to block from the group.
6. Tap the “More” icon next to their name.
7. Select “Block” from the list of options.
8. Confirm your choice by tapping the “Block” button in the pop-up window.
9. The person will be successfully blocked from the Whatsapp group.