WhatsApp is likely one of the hottest social media platforms. On Android gadgets, WhatsApp backs up your chats, attachments, and different objects on Google Drive.
This characteristic lets you restore information every time you need it, particularly when switching between gadgets. But as helpful as this service is, not many individuals know the place precisely Google Drive WhatsApp backup and the best way to restore it.
But fear not as we’re right here that can assist you.
After studying this text, you’ll have the ability to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on each iPhone and Android with no problem. Let’s discover!
Where to Find WhatsApp backup in Google Drive?
Luckily, discovering your WhatsApp backup on Google Drive will not be an advanced job. Anyone can discover WhatsApp again on their Google Drive in just some seconds.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to the net model of Google Drive out of your PC and log in to your Google account.
- Then, click on the gear icon on the top-right nook and select Settings.
- Next, you should go to the “Managing Apps” part. Here, you’ll see the WhatsApp messenger choice.
- Click on the Options icon to view the backup of your WhatsApp.
And that’s how one can view the Google Drive WhatsApp backup location on your laptop. But do not forget that this information is end-to-end encrypted. So, you’ll be able to learn the messages instantly in your system at anyway.
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive on Your Phone?
Backup WhatsApp on Google Drive
Before studying the best way to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive, it’s vital to manually back up your WhatsApp. This lets you save the newest chats to keep away from any information loss.
WhatsApp gives customers the freedom to take a backup of their chats anytime they need. You should comply with the beneath steps to do this:
- From your WhatsApp, faucet More Options.
- Then, go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup > BACK UP.
- The program will begin backing up your information. Wait patiently till the method is completed.
Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive
Have you switched your Android cellphone and wish to restore your WhatsApp information? Or perhaps you’ve gotten misplaced vital WhatsApp chats and need them again. Here’s the best way to restore Google Drive WhatsApp backup on your Android cellphone.
- First of all, delete your WhatsApp from your cellphone.
- Now, set up it again and check in along with your cellphone quantity.
- WhatsApp will detect the backup file and inquire if you wish to restore it.
- Just hit Restore and it’ll begin restoring all of your chats. Once accomplished, you’ll see all of the earlier chats.
Can You Restore Android Backup on iPhone?
Many customers ask about iPhone WhatsApp backup to Google Drive. Unfortunately, there’s no official strategy to restore WhatsApp information on an iPhone that was backed up from an Android cellphone.
In this state of affairs, you should first restore information in your Android cellphone, after which use a third-party app or service like e-mail to switch messages from Android to iPhone.
Why Can’t I Restore my WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive?
It received’t is a shock for those who’re unable to revive Google Drive WhatsApp information backup. If you’re dealing with this drawback, listed below are the doable causes.
- Your cellphone has not sufficient free area left. Be certain to verify the accessible storage and delete pointless recordsdata and apps if wanted.
- You are usually not utilizing the identical Google account and cellphone quantity on which you created the backup.
- Your cellphone is low-charged.
- You don’t have a lively web connection.
- WhatsApp backup is already deleted.
How To Get A WhatsApp Backup, Stored In My Google Drive, Back To My Phone
Transfer WhatsApp Files from Android to iPhone Using AirDroid.
As you already know that one can’t restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone instantly. That’s the place AirDroid Personal comes into play.
This software lets you transfer your WhatsApp images and movies from Android to iPhone without dropping high quality. Remember that, you received’t can share WhatsApp chats, however except for that, it permits you to switch every attachment effortlessly.
So, for those who need not hold a file of your chats, and simply need images and movies, then AirDroid Personal id is all you want. Compared to different instruments, it guarantees a super-fast switch pace with no wire connection.
In addition, you’ll be able to share contact checklists, paperwork, and different information recordsdata between your iPhone and Android. But what makes its price putting in is its cross-platform file switch capabilities. You can share information between any two platforms with Windows, iOS, Linux, Android, and Mac.
Useful Features of AirDroid Personal
Here are the important thing utilities of AirDroid Personal:
The entire means of transferring information from Android to iPhone is achieved in 4 easy steps. Check out yourself:
- Install the AirDroid cell app on each Android and that iPhone and log in with the identical AirDroid account.
- When the telephones are nearer to one another, go to the Nearby tab on the Android cellphone. Tap the Transfer icon, and choose your iPhone.
- Wait till the telephones are linked, then faucet the paperclip icon > Files, and choose the images and movies you wish to ship.
- Hit the Send choice to switch the recordsdata to the iPhone.
Q: Why is my WhatsApp backup lacking in Google Drive?
A: If WhatsApp does not detect a backup, it is perhaps a result of: You aren’t logged into the identical Google account. You aren’t utilizing the identical cellphone quantity that was used to create the backup. Your SD card or chat historical past is corrupted.
Q: How do I enter my backup messages on Google Drive?
A: You can discover and handle your SMS Google backups from the Google Drive app > Menu > Backups. But you’ll be able to solely view the backup file, not the only message or the chat’s historical past. Therefore, you’ll be able to solely view textual content messages intimately by restoring Google backup on Android, and must manufacturing unit reset your cellphone first.
Q: How do I restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone?
A: Download WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to the pc. Sign in to your Google account and select the backup to obtain. Verify your WhatsApp account in your Android system to generate a backup. Once completed, choose “Restore to iOS.”
Q: How do I restore my complete Android backup to my new cellphone?
A: You can restore a brand new or manufacturing unit reset Android cellphone from a Google backup throughout the setup course. At the Copy apps and information step, faucet Next, and choose Can’t use the previous system. Sign in to the identical Google account, faucet on the listed backup, and choose the apps and information you wish to restore.
Q: How do I restore my apps from Google backup?
A: Sign in to your Google Account, and conform to Android’s phrases of service. You’ll obtain a listing of things that you may restore, like your apps, name historical past, system settings, contacts, and calendar.