On Snapchat, you may share photos, videos, and GIFs with your friends, and the Snapchat story lasts for 24 hours. You may find something intriguing in a Snapchat story that you would like to save for later.
Can you archive a Snapchat story? It is feasible to snap a screenshot of someone’s Snapchat story, but they will know if you do so.
This tutorial describes how to store an individual’s Snapchat story. In addition, it describes how to preserve a covert duplicate of someone’s Snapchat story using third-party Android and iOS applications. Let’s get into it!
How to Archive a Snapchat Story
How can I store an individual’s Snapchat story?
Let’s start with the official method for preserving a Snapchat story. This approach nevertheless alerts the owner.
Use the following steps:
- Activate Snapchat.
- Click the symbol representing your Snapchat profile and locate the Snap you wish to save.
- Tap the Snap to unlock it.
- To capture a snapshot:
- On Android, simultaneously press the “Power” and “Volume down” keys.
- On the iPhone, simultaneously press the “Side” button and the “Volume up” button.
- Once completed, a screenshot of the photograph will be saved to your gallery.
The owner of the article will see a screenshot symbol indicating that you have saved it. Stay if you wish to accomplish the same in secret, especially if you intend to save a video.
How to Secretly Save Someone’s, Snapchat Story
Depending on the sort of phone you have, use the appropriate approach.
Method #1: For iPhone
If you are running iOS 11 or later, you may utilize the phone’s built-in screen recorder. Simply confirm that you can access the screen recording application from your control center. You may then browse a Snapchat story and enable screen recording to capture a video of anything occurring on your screen.
Swipe down the screen to determine if the screen recorder is accessible. If not, follow the procedures below to add it:
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap “Control Centre” and then select “Customize Controls.”
- Click the + button next to “Screen Recording” to add the screen recorder to the control center.
Now that the screen recorder has been added, the target Snapchat story must be saved:
- Launch Snapchat and click on the Snapchat stories section.
- Before viewing an article, scroll down the screen and click the screen recorder button.
There is a three-second countdown.
- Return to Snapchat and click the story’s thumbnail to watch it.
Once the narrative has been seen, swipe down the screen to end the screen recording.
You will save a video of your Snapchat story to your gallery. The greatest part is that the owner will be unaware that you saved their tale, as no screenshot was captured to leave a trace.
Method #2: For Android
Unlike iPhones, most Android phones lack a built-in screen recording application.
You must instead download one from the Play Store, install it, and use it to save Snapchat stories. There are several screen recorders available for Android; you should investigate the various possibilities to choose which appears to be the most effective.
- After deciding which to use, you should download and install it.
- Next, launch the screen recorder and begin recording the display.
- Open Snapchat and click the snap to view it as soon as the countdown timer expires.
- Once watched, cease recording the screen.
- You may now access and utilize your Snap in video format at a later time or according to your preferences.
Snapchat is a great medium for interacting with others and exchanging photos and videos.
Additionally, you may upload your snaps to your Snapchat Story for others to see. However, there is no direct way to preserve a player’s narrative; the official approach includes taking a screenshot and notifying the story’s owner.
Nevertheless, we’ve covered several methods for preserving Snapchat stories on iPhone and Android.