Oftentimes, decisions made on the spur of the moment result in unintended regrets. And Snapchat users should use extreme caution before banning others.
Not only does blocking someone on Snapchat erase them from your friend list, but it also deletes your interactions with them. If the conversation contained an essential message that you had saved, that message is likewise deleted along with the chat.
If you wish to view preserved Snapchat messages with a blocked user, you have arrived at the correct location. In this blog, we will explore if it is feasible to retrieve these communications and, if so, how to do it. Continue reading to learn more.
What happens when I block a Snapchat user?
When you block someone on Snapchat, all of your relationships with that individual are immediately severed. The following occurs when someone is blocked on Snapchat:
- You and the individual are both deleted from each other’s friend lists.
- Your conversations with the individual are deleted from both your and your friend’s accounts.
- Their tale and charisma are no longer visible, and vice versa.
No longer can you communicate with them on Snapchat, and vice versa. Using their username to search for them will provide no results.
These qualities are intended to prevent you from connecting with the individual as effectively as possible, allowing you to forget them without difficulty. However, if you don’t want to forget critical communications, you may not discover a straightforward solution.
But there is a solution, right? The response is YES. Let’s dig in immediately.
Is it Possible to View My Saved Snapchat Messages With Blocked Users?
We will be truthful with you. If you have banned someone on Snapchat, it will be difficult to view your stored messages with that person.
There appear to be just two ways to view your stored messages with a blocked contact.
- Removing the blocks
- By downloading your data
You may not feel comfortable unblocking the blocked individual. However, this is the price one must pay to view the preserved messages of a prohibited user. However, the individual will not instantly realize this, so you need not be too concerned.
Compared to the first way, the second method is both more time-consuming and complex. Let’s examine each option so you may choose the one that best suits you.
Unblock the individual
Unblocking the individual and reopening your conversations is the simplest approach to viewing preserved messages from a previously blocked user. Follow these procedures to unlock stored messages and view them.
- Launch Snapchat and sign in to your account.
- The second step is to navigate to the Camera tab. Tap the Bitmoji symbol in the upper-left corner to access your profile.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your profile page to access your account options.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page. The Blocked option will be among the final options. Select this option to view the list of prohibited users.
- The list of blacklisted users will be displayed. Remember the username of the user you wish to unblock, then touch the cross icon.
- Return to the Camera tab and use the search box to locate the user’s name. Tap the user’s name in the search results to access your chats.
That is all. You may now view all stored messages. After seeing the individual’s communications, you can block them again.
Download your data
In rare instances, the first technique may not function if the user has put limits on who may send them messages. This approach will allow you to view your stored communications with the banned user.
- Apply steps 1 to 5 from the prior procedure to unblock the user.
- Locate the My Data option on your account’s Settings page at the bottom. Select this option.
- You will arrive at Snapchat’s Accounts page, where you must log in with your Snapchat credentials. Enter your username and password, then press Sign In.
- Navigate to the My Data page’s footer. Enter the email address where the ZIP file containing your Snapchat data should be sent. Tap on Submit Request. Your file will be ready within twenty-four hours.
- Once your file is available, you will receive an email with the subject line “Your Snapchat data is ready for download.” Click the link in this email to get your file.
- Locate your file under the banner Your File is Ready. The filename appears as follows: mydata12345678900.zip. Click the file’s name to download it.
- Extract the file’s contents. Open the HTML folder and locate the chat history.html file. In this file, your stored messages will be shown.
When you ban a Snapchat user, all of your discussions with that user are removed from the Chats page. Moreover, it might be challenging to locate these deleted communications if they are ever desired.
This article describes how Snapchat allows you to view your stored messages with a blocked user. We have described techniques that will allow you to view these messages after blocking a user.
Which strategy was effective for you? Tell us in the comments. Share this site with your friends to inform them about these techniques.