If I Block Someone on Whatsapp, Will They See My Messages in the Same Group We’re In?
We all know how it feels to be on the receiving end of unwanted messages and to sometimes feel that your only option is to block the sender on Whatsapp. Knowing to the answer the title question, “If I block someone on Whatsapp, will they see my messages in the same group we’re in?” is vital to understand what the consequences of blocking may be.
If you have blocked someone on Whatsapp, then they will not receive any direct messages from you, including text messages, pictures, videos, audio recordings, documents, and locations. Even if you delete the message before they have read it, it will not show up on their profile.
Things can get more complicated when talking about the group chats, as the answer is not always yes or no. Here are the following scenarios:
- If you created the group chat: If you block someone that is part of a group chat you created, they will not see any of your messages in that group chat.
- If someone else created the group chat: When you block someone that was added to a group by another user, they will see your messages, as the creator of the group can still add you to a conversation that you have been blocked in.
There are cases where you might want to block someone but still let them see your messages in a group chat, but this is not possible. There is no way to block someone from seeing your messages in group chats.
The only way to make sure someone doesn’t see your messages in a group chat is by exiting that group chat, as when you block someone, they cannot be added back into the group after being blocked.
To conclude, if you block someone on Whatsapp, they will not see your messages in direct messages, and if you created the group chat, they will not see your messages in that group chat. However, if someone else created the group chat, they will still have the ability to see your messages even if you have blocked them.
5. Is it possible to make my messages in a shared group invisible to someone I’ve blocked on Whatsapp?
Yes, it is possible to make your messages in a shared group invisible to someone you have blocked on WhatsApp. This can be done by configuring your group settings and selecting the option for “invisible mode”. You can then select the contacts that you would like to exclude from viewing your messages in the group and confirm the changes.
1. Does blocking somebody on Whatsapp prevent them from seeing my messages in a shared group?
Yes, blocking someone on WhatsApp will prevent them from seeing any of your direct messages, as well as any messages you post in a shared group. The person you have blocked will not be able to send you any messages, nor will they be able to view your messages in any groups you both may be members of.
4. If I unblock a contact on Whatsapp, will they be able to see the messages I sent while they were blocked?
No, the contact will not be able to see any messages sent while they were blocked. However, if the contact is on your WhatsApp contacts list, they may still be able to see old messages that were sent prior to being blocked.
3. Can the blocked contact still see posts in a group that I share with them, even if they’re blocked?
No, if you have blocked someone, they will not be able to see any posts in any groups that you are a part of. The blocked contact will not be able to see any posts that you have shared with the group, nor interact with the group in any way.