Snapchat is a wacky and entertaining application, but occasionally users’ identities are too inventive, making it difficult to distinguish between them. If you have a Snapchat buddy whose display name you can’t quite recall, there’s no need to panic; you can easily alter it.
To alter someone’s name on Snapchat, go to your Friend List and find the person whose name you wish to change. Press their name to open the edit box, type the new name, and then tap Save. Some Snapchat users frequently change their display names to keep their friends guessing. But if you don’t want to be continually guessing who is on your Snapchat list, you may pick a name of your choosing.
In just a few simple steps, we will demonstrate how to modify someone’s Snapchat name.
Changing a Snapchat user’s name on Android
Android users may alter a display name on Snapchat by following these steps:
- If you’re not already logged in, launch the Snapchat app and log in.
- Tap the profile icon in the screen’s upper-left corner.
- Tap “My Friends” (under “Friends”) after scrolling down.
- Locate the buddy whose name you like to modify, then press and hold on to their name.
- Tap the ‘Manage Friendship’ option from the menu that appears.
- In the ensuing pop-up, select “Edit Named
- the ‘Save’ button after inputting the new name for this individual.
The individual’s name will be changed in your Snapchat contacts immediately. Remember that this alteration is only for you and that your buddy will not see it.
Changing a Snapchat User’s Name on an iOS Device
Snapchat’s method for altering a friend’s name on an iPhone is a little bit different. However, the following steps should make it simple:
- Start Snapchat on your iPhone and log in.
- On the camera screen, press the Snapchat symbol in the upper center or slide down to access the main menu.
- Now, click ‘My Friends’
- Find the buddy whose name you wish to modify and touch on it.
- You’ll notice a settings icon next to the user’s username; tap it.
- Tap on “Edit Name”
- Tap ‘Save’ after you’re finished renaming this individual.
The new name will appear in your Snapchat contacts list as soon as you click save.
Personalize Your Snapchat Display Name
However, what if you would like to modify your name on Snapchat? Both Android and iOS have comparable methods for this, therefore we’ve compiled them into a single tutorial.
- Launch Snapchat, then sign in.
- Tap the profile symbol (either your Snapchat Bitmoji or a yellow dot if you haven’t created one).
- To modify your name, tap your existing name.
- Tap the ‘Save’ button after entering the desired new name.
Your name will be modified, and it will be visible to you and any future friends you add; your current friends will continue to see the name you had when they added you.
If you wish to alter your friend’s name to something more amusing or immediately identifiable, these straightforward procedures should assist you in doing it without difficulty. They may be added to your Snapchat friends list with only a few taps on the screen.
Q: What happens when the name of a Snapchat user is modified?
A: Their name will be updated in your list of Snapchat buddies, but only you will see the change.
Q: How frequently may I alter a Snapchat user’s name?
A: There is no limit to the number of times you may alter a Snapchat user’s name.
Q: Can I establish a friend’s name on Snapchat using emojis?
A: Yes, emojis may be used while setting a friend’s name on Snapchat.
Q: How many characters are allowed in a Snapchat username?
A: It must be under 30 characters in length.
Q: What more characters may I use in a Snapchat username?
A: Snapchat permits the use of letters, numbers, commas, and spaces. You may also employ apostrophes, dashes, and emojis.
Q: How can I determine whether a Snapchat user has changed my name?
A: On Snapchat, you will be unaware if your name has been altered. Only the buddy who modified will see it.