There are occasions when you come across messages, memes, movies, or different data in WhatsApp dialog that you just want to save for later use. You do have the choice to star messages to bookmark particular messages and revisit them later. But the starred messages can quickly develop into cluttered and require you to revisit outdated chats. WhatsApp has supplied one other answer to this for a very long time, but it surely has been hidden and never simply accessible to all. And now, the Meta-owned messaging big is making the “message yourself” feature available to all users, a helpful addition to WhatsApp’s arsenal of options.
How to Text Yourself on WhatsApp
Apart from the official technique launched by WhatsApp just lately, we’ve additionally included a workaround to start a dialog with yourself within the messaging app. That mentioned, let’s dive properly in.
Use the Message Yourself Feature on WhatsApp
For WhatsApp energy customers, the message your-self function shouldn’t be new, per se. The choice to ship messages to your telephone quantity utilizing the WhatsApp URL hyperlink has been accessible for the longest time. But not everybody needs to make use of an URL to start out utilizing the function, thus, the corporate has now built-in the identical into its messaging app. Here’s how you’ll find and use the message your-self function in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the “New Chat” button on the backside properly. In the contacts record, you can find your telephone quantity with the “Message your self” label.
- This is an optionally available step, however, we advise you to head to the “Contacts” app on your iPhone or Android telephone. Then, save your private telephone quantity to your system.
- Saving your telephone quantity will make you present the contact identity within the “message your self” chat, making it simpler to maintain a monitor of the identical. You can now ship texts to yourself as reminders, or to-do lists, or share records data throughout the net and cellular utilizing this chat window.
- Also, every time you want to protect any pictures or movies, simply faucet the “ahead” button after the media in a chat window. Then, choose the “message yourself” chat from the contacts record in WhatsApp.
- And there you have got it! As you’ll be able to see right here, I’ve been utilizing the “message yourself” chat to share screenshots for articles with myself. I can then enter them through WhatsApp Web. I even share essential concepts, assembly notes, and different essential information on this chat window. You may even ship voice notes to yourself on this chat.
Is There A Way To Send WhatsApp Messages To Myself
Make a Solo WhatsApp Group to Message Yourself
Though the message yourself is rolling out to all WhatsApp customers throughout the globe, you should use this workaround to make a bookmarks chat within the messaging app. This is a widely known hack that many individuals have been utilizing for years, so let’s take a look at it:
- First, faucet the “New Chat” button on the backside proper, after which choose the “New group” choice on the following web page.
- Now, add a single particular person to this new group you’re creating. It could be anybody, a detailed buddy, or your secondary quantity. Then, identify the group (I named my group saved msgs, as I exploit it for bookmarking texts, pictures, and movies) and faucet the “checkmark” button on the backside properly.
- Once your group has been created, the faucet on the group’s identify on the high to go to its settings web page. On the group settings web page, you can find an inventory of individuals. Here, long-press on the identity of the second participant aside from you.
- Next, the faucet on the “Remove [participant name]” choice within the context menu exhibits a long-pressing identity. Then, faucet “OK” within the pop-up window to substantiate your motion
- Now, as you’ll be able to discover within the screenshots beneath, you’re the sole participant in this chat. You can use this WhatsApp group chat without another member to textual content your self messages, and save memes, movies, and extras.
I primarily use the bookmarks group to share pictures, movies, and different essential stuff throughout the net and cellular utilizing WhatsApp. I can share an image on WhatsApp from my telephone and obtain it on a pc utilizing WhatsApp Web. Quite helpful, proper?
Message Yourself to Save Texts on WhatsApp
So yeah, that’s the whole lot you might want to know concerning the “message yourself” chat function added to WhatsApp. It offers you a devoted area to avoid wasting your texts, pictures, and movies, very much like the saved messages part in most different messaging apps like Telegram, Slack, and extra. It’s straightforward to make use of and provides an avenue to soundly pen down concepts, upcoming duties, and essential content material. All the content material in the message your self chats can be searchable, so you’ll find issues with ease.
Q: How do I message myself on WhatsApp Android?
A: Open the WhatsApp app. Click on the “New Chat” button on the backside properly. You will discover your telephone quantity with the “Message your self” label within the contacts record. You can faucet in your contact quantity to start chatting with yourself.
Q: Where is WhatsApp Web choice in WhatsApp?
A: You can try this by launching the app on your telephone and tapping on the three-dot menu within the high proper hand nook. Tap on WhatsApp Web from the dropdown record adopted by Link A Device. Simply level your telephone’s digital camera on the WhatsApp Web QR code to launch the net app.
Q: Can you message yourself on WhatsApp on your iPhone?
A: Here’s how you’ll find and use the message your self function in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android: 1. Open WhatsApp and click on the “New Chat” button on the backside proper. In the contacts record, you can find your telephone quantity with the “Message your self” label.
Q: Can I ship myself a textual content message?
A: Sending a textual content message to yourself is as straightforward as sending one to a buddy. All it’s a must to do is open a brand new clean message and enter your telephone quantity within the To: discipline. What’s extra, if you end up utilizing this trick quite a bit you’ll be able to even add yourself to your contact record!
Q: What is one of the best WhatsApp trackers for Android?
A: AirDroid is one of the best free WhatsApp trackers. It is a parental management app with all monitoring options accessible without spending a dime. It is a one-stop store tracker that displays online notifications, finally seen, location, and chats.