Understand How WhatsApp Calls Work
With the increasing popularity of WhatsApp, people are always looking for better ways to stay in touch with their friends and family. One of the amazing features of WhatsApp is the ability to make a call to someone in another country or even locally for free. But how does it work? Does the person you are calling on WhatsApp get a missed call alert if they’re already on a call?
Do Recipients Get a Missed Call Alert From WhatsApp?
When you call someone on WhatsApp and the person is already on a call, the recipient will not receive a missed call alert. WhatsApp calls are routed through the internet and not through the traditional phone network so there is no missed call alert.
What Happens When Someone Tries to Call You via WhatsApp?
When someone tries to call you and you’re already on a call, they will hear a busy signal. They can then decide if they want to wait until you’re finished with the other call or hang up. If they wait, they will hear a ringtone and it will alert them that you are on the phone with someone and they will not be able to come through.
Tips and Tricks for Making a WhatsApp Call
When making a WhatsApp call, there are some tips and tricks that can make the call easier and smoother. Here are a few:
- Make sure you have a good internet connection. Having a good connection will allow for a better quality call.
- Check the signal strength. The signal strength should be sufficient to sustain a call. If the connection is weak, the call may not connect and you might have to try again.
- Don’t forget to turn off your phone’s data connection. If you try to make a call with data turned on, you will use up your data plan and you won’t be able to make the call.
When you call someone on WhatsApp and they’re already on a call, there is no missed call alert because WhatsApp doesn’t use the traditional phone network. Instead, the person trying to call you will just hear a busy signal. With these helpful tips and tricks, you can make sure that your WhatsApp calls are successful.
3. Does the incoming Whatsapp call interrupt the other phone call?
No. When a user receives an incoming WhatsApp call, the user needs to manually switch from the other current call (using the ‘Swap Calls’ button) to the incoming WhatsApp call. Until the user switches, both calls remain active.
5. What happens when a person receives a missed Whatsapp call while they are offline or on another app?
When a person receives a missed Whatsapp call while they are offline or on another app, they will see the missed call show up in their Notifications or at the top of their chats list. They will also be able to call the person back and view details of when the call was made.
1. Does using Whatsapp to call someone count as a missed call?
No, using Whatsapp to make a call does not count as a missed call. A missed call usually refers to a traditional landline or mobile phone call that was initiated but was either unanswered or not completed.
2. Can a person receive a missed Whatsapp call while they are on another phone call?
No, a person cannot receive a missed WhatsApp call while they are on another phone call. If a user is on a call, all incoming calls are routed directly to voicemail, thus preventing any missed calls from connecting.
4. Can multiple Whatsapp calls be made simultaneously to the same user?
No, multiple WhatsApp calls cannot be made simultaneously to the same user. WhatsApp limits a user to one active call at a time.