Do you need to create a YouTube hyperlink that opens the video to a sure time? This can simply be carried out utilizing a net browser with a built-in function. While you’ll be able to copy a premade hyperlink to a timestamp on the cell app, you’ll be able to manually add your timestamp to the URL. You’ll simply want to enter an easy code earlier than sharing it with others. This wikiHow will present you with a way to hyperlink to a particular timestamp on a YouTube video utilizing your pc, iPhone, or Android gadget.
Things You Should Know
- On the desktop, pause the video on the timestamp. Right-click the video, then click on “Copy video URL at present time”.
- You cannot copy a video’s URL at a particular time stamp with the cell app, however, you’ll be able to manually add it.
- To manually add the timestamp, add the code “&t=” to the URL adopted by the timestamp in “1m30s” format (1 minute 30 seconds).
- Navigate to the video you need to hyperlink. Search for the video on which you need to hyperlink to a particular time, then click on the video to open it.
- If you are not signed into your account, you’ll be able to click on SIGN IN in the upper-right nook after which enter your electronic mail deal and password to signal in. This is non-obligatory until the video you need to view is age-restricted.
- Pause the video at the time you need to hyperlink. Press the play icon till the video reaches the half you need to share, then click on it once more to pause it. It’s in the lower-left facet of the window.
- Right-click the video window. Doing so prompts a drop-down menu.
- On a Mac, maintain down the management key whereas clicking the video.
- Click Copy the video URL at present time. It’s in the drop-down menu. Clicking this selection will copy the video URL to your PC’s clipboard.
- Alternatively, you’ll be able to click on Share under the video. Check the field for Start at [timestamp], then click on Copy.
- Paste the hyperlink elsewhere. To paste the hyperlink into a textual content subject (e.g., a Facebook submission or an electronic mail), right-click the sector and click on Paste.
- To paste with the keyboard, press CTRL + V (Windows) or CMD + V (Mac) into the sector.
- Add the time stamp manually (non-obligatory). If you need to manually hyperlink to a particular time in a YouTube URL, do the next:
- Copy the YouTube URL with CTRL + C (Windows) or CMD + C (Mac)
- Paste the URL elsewhere with CTRL + V (Windows) or CMD + V (Mac).
- Place your cursor on the finish of the video’s URL and enter &t=.
3 Simple Ways to Link to a Certain Time in a YouTube Video
Using the Mobile App
- Go to the video you need to hyperlink to in the YouTube cell app. Search for the video on which you need to hyperlink to a particular time, then faucet the video to open it.
- YouTube is offered for iOS in the App Store and for Android in the Google Play Store.
- You can copy and paste from the YouTube app, however, you will want to manually add in the timestamp.
- Tap Share. This can be under the video, after an arrow.
- Tap Copy hyperlink. The URL can be copied to your gadget’s clipboard. (*3*)
- Paste the hyperlink elsewhere. Tap the sector you need to paste the URL, then faucet Paste.
- Tap the top of the hyperlink. You’ll want to add a small code to the hyperlink, so make sure that your cursor is on the very finish of the video’s URL.
- Enter the code &t=. This is the start of the code.
- Enter the timestamp. This is the top of the code. The timestamp will want to be translated into hours (h), minutes (m), and/or seconds (s).
- If you need to hyperlink to 55 seconds, your full code ought to be &t=55s.
- If you need to hyperlink to 8 minutes and eight seconds, your full code ought to be &t=8m8s.
- If you need to hyperlink to 1 hour, 3 minutes, and 30 seconds, your full code ought to be &t=1h3m30s.
- For instance, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ would turn out to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&t=43s right here.
- Send the hyperlink. Your timestamped hyperlink can be prepared to ship.
- When the recipient opens the hyperlink, they will be redirected to the timestamp in the URL.
Linking in the Comments Section
- Go to the video you need to hyperlink to. Search for the video on which you need to hyperlink to a particular time, then click on or faucet the video to open it.
- Note the time to which you need to hyperlink. Go to the part of the video you need to use, then, in the lower-left facet of the video participant, view the present time stamp.
- For instance, if the video is 20 minutes lengthy and also you need to hyperlink to the five-minute mark, you’d see 5:00 / 20:00 in the lower-left facet of the video participant. In this case, “5:00” is the present time stamp.
- Select the remark subject. Click or faucet the remark textual content subject, which is at the high of the “Comments” part.
- Enter the time stamp. Type in the time stamp (e.g., 5:00) for the second to which you need to hyperlink.
- Click COMMENT. It’s a blue button to the fitting of the remark subject. Doing so posts your remark and turns your timestamp into a dwell hyperlink. You or another consumer can click on the time stamp to skip to that time in the video.
- On the cell, faucet the airplane icon to ship.
Q: How do you hyperlink a particular time on YouTube?
A: Pause the video at the place you need the viewer to start watching the video. Right-click on the inside of the YouTube video body. From the right-click menu, choose “get video URL at present time.” Now, paste the URL to wherever you’re sharing the hyperlink.
Q: How do you reference a particular time in a video?
A: When you want to spotlight a particular second in a video or audio supply, use a timestamp in your APA in-text quotation. Just embrace the timestamp from the beginning of the half you are citing. For instance: (TED, 2020, 1:59).
Q: How do you hyperlink to a particular begin and finish time on YouTube?
A: Enter the beginning and cease instances in entire seconds (e.g. one minute and two seconds = 62 seconds) and ensure not to embrace any further characters or areas or it is not going to work. ? begin=67&finish=80 When the above is added to the top of the YouTube URL the video will begin at 1:07 and cease at 1:20.
Q: How do I create a one-time hyperlink?
A: Go to Setup in the highest navigation bar. Select the related Master web page that you prefer to generate a one-time hyperlink for. In the Master web page Overview part, click on Generate a one-time hyperlink in the Share & Publish part (Figure 3). The One-time hyperlink pop-up will seem (Figure 4).
Q: How do you hyperlink a YouTube video at a particular time on your cell?
A: Click “Copy video URL on the present time.” This will mechanically copy the YouTube hyperlink on the present time from the place you need your good friend to begin watching.