Having a Pinterest account can be a great way to stay organized, get creative inspiration, and save pins for later viewing. When the time comes to make changes to your Pinterest profile, such as updating your username, knowing how to do it can make all the difference. This article will discuss how to change your Pinterest username in a few simple steps.
1. Understanding Your Options for Changing Your Pinterest Username
Changing the username associated with your Pinterest profile can seem daunting. It is important, however, to be aware that you do have some options when it comes to altering your username. These options are as follows:
- Create a new Pinterest account – This is the easiest and most straightforward approach. You can create a new Pinterest account associated with a different username and start creating Pins.
- Edit your profile – You can also edit your existing profile and change your username from that interface. This option is available from the Edit Profile settings.
- Contact Pinterest – If none of the other options seem feasible, you may also contact Pinterest directly. They can help you to reset your username and make changes to your profile.
Considering which option is right for you may depend on your individual needs and preferences. If you have had the same username for a long time and have shared your profile with others, then creating a new Pinterest account and transitioning your followers to the new account may be the best approach. However, if you are looking to simply update your username, then you may find that the simpler options listed above are more suitable.
In any case, you should spend some time thinking and pondering the various options available to you and deciding which approach is most suitable for your individual needs. With a simple plan of action selected, you can then move forward and start making changes to your Pinterest profile.
2. Preparing To Change Your Pinterest Username
Before starting the process of changing a Pinterest username, it’s important to consider the implications of making such a change.
Consider Your Board Followers
If you have built up a considerable following on any of your boards, changing the username associated with your account could lead to some confusion for your followers. Before making any changes it is advisable to send out an email or message to keep followers in the loop. Consider how this might also affect your email notifications and RSS feeds.
When opting for a new username, it is important to think about the existing branding that you have developed. You may wish to consider the longevity of the new username and the potential it has to create a strong message or association. Having a glance at your profile can also help you to determine whether your new username encapsulates the ethos you have built.
Deciding When to Change
Finally, it is useful to decide when to make the switch. If you have a large following it may help to communicate the switch well in advance, giving your followers plenty of time to update their notifications and feeds accordingly. Making the change in batches may also help by allowing you to review the messages associated with each change.
- Consider your board followers
- Think about your existing branding
- Decide when to change your username
3. Accessing the Username Settings Tool on Pinterest
is relatively simple. Here are the steps to follow:
- Step 1: Log into the Pinterest website using your username and password.
- Step 2: Next, go to the Settings wheel and click on it, located in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Step 3: Select the “Username Settings” button from the bottom of the page.
- Step 4: Lastly, a new window will appear allowing you to change your Pinterest username.
It is important to know that if you enter a username that is already taken, the system will prompt you to enter another username. The purpose of this feature is to protect the original user from being impersonated by another user.
Additionally, if you are unhappy with your new username, you can revert back to your original username within a two week period. The username settings tool will remind you of this as soon as you make the contemplated change.
4. Executing the Change of Your Pinterest Username
Once you have chosen what your new username should be, it is time to execute the change. The steps to follow are as follows:
- Log into your Pinterest account.
- Locate the ‘Edit Profile’ icon.
- Enter your new username in the username field and save your changes.
It is important to remember that you can only change your username once. Your new username is permanent, making it important to be confident when selecting a new one. Once you have successfully changed your username you will be notified that the change has been made and no further action is required.
If you change your username and regret it, unfortunately Pinterest does not allow users to revert back to their original usernames. It is also not possible to change the username back to a username which was previously used by another user, as usernames are unique.
5. Verifying the Success of Your Username Change
After going through the username change process, it is important to be sure the change was successful. Here are some tips on verifying the success of a name change.
- Check Your Profile: The username update should be reflected in your profile page. Make sure it is updated correctly.
- Verify Contact List: Reach out to your contacts and verify the new username. If possible, send an announcement to them informing them of the change.
- Update Other Platforms: If you have an account on other websites or platforms, be sure to update those usernames to match the new one.
If you are still having difficulties, try logging out and logging back in again. This should force the username change to take effect. You can also contact customer service for more assistance. They should be able to help you with any issues you encounter.
When the change is complete, it is a good idea to keep a record of the new username. This will ensure that you can easily remember it if you ever need to change it again in the future. Make sure to keep the record in a password protected file or storage device. Changing your Pinterest username doesn’t need to be difficult. With the steps above, you can quickly and easily update your username without having to delete and recreate your Pinterest account from scratch. Now that you know how to edit your username, you can make your Pinterest profile more tailored to who you are and what you promote.