Are you interested in creating boards on your Pinterest account? Want to gain knowledge on this topic to better customize your Pinterest account? Read on to learn the tricks, strategies and best practices for creating boards on Pinterest that are tailored to your unique account and interests. This article will walk you through the steps of creating, managing and editing boards to help you get the most out of your Pinterest experience.
1. Setting Up a Pinterest Account
Pinterest is a great platform to share and show off your pictures and project ideas. Creating an account is quite simple and only requires basic information.
Go to pinterest.com and click on the button labeled Create an account. You will then be asked to provide the following information:
- Email address
- Choose a password
- Birth date
Once you have provided all the required information, click on the Create account button at the bottom of the page. You will then be directed to a page where they will ask what topics you are interested in. Just select the topics that are relevant to you or that you are interested in and click Next. You will then see suggested Pinterest boards. You can follow any that you find interesting. And that’s it! You have successfully created your Pinterest account.
2. Adding Boards to Your Pinterest Profile
With Pinterest, you can add boards to your profile to organize different types of content, such as recipes, ideas, collections, travel, and more. Here are a few steps to follow to add boards to your profile:
- Access the ‘Edit profile’ page: to start, go to the Pinterest home page and click on the downward arrow in the top-right corner. A menu should appear and you should select ‘Edit profile’.
- Create your board: on the same page, you will see the ‘Create board’ button and click on it to start. You will need to give the board a title, and add a brief description of what it contains.
- Add content to your board: now that you have your board created, open it to start adding content. You can search for Pins from the selection of recommendations or add content from any website using the ‘Save’ button.
Your boards can have some extra features to enhance the content and make it more organized. You can also add sections to further categorize the Pins in each board. Sections can be created in the board, and different Pins can be dragged to each of the sections. You can also add collaborators to the board, which will give them the option to add content to your Pinterest boards.
You can also have a secret board which will keep the content in it private, including from search engines. When you create a secret board no other Pinterest users will see it or be able to search for it. You can invite up to three people to collaborate on the board.
3. Organizing Boards With Smart Sections
Using the smart sections tool, you can get maximum mileage out of your organization boards. Using them, you can easily break a long list of tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. Smart sections can be used across boards, projects and organizations to allocate tasks into specific categories or topics. This approach also helps to keep related tasks, or tasks belonging to the same project, together making it easier to assign and prioritize.
When creating a board, or when you’d like to rearrange and categorize them, you can utilize the smart section feature. You simply have to drag the task cards into the new position and watch as they get organized into the desired order. Each card can be assigned to its own section, or you can drag and drop multiple tasks into a single section.
Organizing boards into smart sections is a great way to easily locate related tasks and move them as needed. Here’s what you need to keep in mind when creating board sections:
- Use descriptive titles for each smart section, allowing them to be easily identified.
- Organize tasks from top to the bottom, based on priority.
- Separate tasks with completed or overdue items from current tasks.
- Group different types of tasks into their own sections.
- Ensure there a few, but effective, smart sections.
4. Pinning Tips and Techniques
Pinterest is an excellent tool for driving visibility and engagement with your posts. It requires consistently fresh, relevant and engaging content in order to be successful. Here are some tips and techniques to keep in mind when creating content for Pinterest.
- Localized Content: Pinning localized content can lowkey target a specific region or audience. Localized content could be promotional posts that are applicable to a particular region, country, or city.
- Design: Investing in custom designed pins can increase click rate and generate more repins on boards. Readable text and attractive visuals that stand out from the crowd can draw attention.
- Incentives: Including incentives, discounts, or other forms of rewards in pins can boost engagement. This will give users a sense of the exclusivity and urgency, making them more likely to click through.
It is also important to optimize your content for maximum visibility. Hashtags and keywords can help broaden your reach and also make pins easier to find. Furthermore, use snippets of your content as descriptions to entice viewers and encourage clicking through. Lastly, link pins to relevant and informative content. This will give your followers the best user experience possible.
5. Concluding Your Pinterest Setup
Now that you have finished the setup of your Pinterest, there are a few final things to take into account.
Check Your Profile
Be sure to go through your profile one last time and make sure you’re happy with the information that has been included. Double check the URL of your Pinterest profile is correct, that all of the information in your bio is up-to-date and relevant. Also, when customizing your profile, consider including:
- A profile photo
- A header image
- A link to your website
- A short and concise bio that accurately reflects your business
Develop a Pinning Strategy
Developing a pinning strategy is essential for increasing visibility and reaching your desired audience. Therefore, first you need to figure out who your target audience is and what media is most relevant for them. Additionally, be sure to consistently share new and old content, collaborate with other businesses, and include pin descriptions and hashtags to optimize your Pins.
We hope this article has helped you understand how to create boards on your Pinterest account. At this point, once you have made your new board, you should make sure to name it properly so that people can identify the type of content that you are pinning. Next, make sure to update the board with new content, and interact with other pinners so that your new boards can be seen by a wider audience. With the right strategy, you can start to make the most of your Pinterest boards and get pinning.