Twitter is a social networking platform with vibrant groups centered on certain interests. These groups are constantly communicating with one another, and one of the ways they do it is via Twitter Direct Messages.
In this post, we’ll go over everything you need to know about Twitter Direct Messages. Included are the fundamentals, such as how to send and receive Twitter Direct Messages (DMs). Then you’ll learn how to use a Twitter DM cleaner to remove all of your DMs.
What Are Twitter Direct Messages (DMs)?
Twitter DMs are “direct messages” sent to other users on the platform. These DMs are secret, and only you and one other person have access to them. Depending on how many individuals are joined to the DM, they may potentially be a discussion between you and a small group of people rather than a single user.
You may use Twitter DMs to communicate with others, send GIFs, and attach images to your messages. Because Twitter is such a public platform—-everyone can see your tweets if you have an unlocked account—-this DM option appeals to a lot of individuals.
advertisement NB: If you don’t know someone, it’s considered impolite to “slip into their DMs.” It is, however, an excellent method to meet up with friends and acquaintances.
Here’s a list of unwritten Twitter rules you’re definitely violating if you want to learn more about user etiquette on the platform. If you’re concerned about making a direct message “mistake,” we suggest reading up on it. How to Send and Receive Twitter DMs There are a few different methods to send Twitter DMs.
1. If you’re using a web browser to use Twitter, go to a person’s profile and click the envelope symbol.
2. You may also go to your inbox, click the envelope symbol inside that inbox, and search for a new user’s username to start a new communication with them.
3. Tap the envelope symbol in the lower right-hand corner of your Twitter app if you’re using it on a mobile device.
4. Above it, tap the “new message” icon. It should resemble a plus symbol on an envelope.
5. Additionally, you may send public postings straight to a person’s DMs by clicking on the “upload” icon in the bottom right-hand corner of each post whether you’re using a web browser or mobile app.
6. After that, in the pop-up box, click Send through Direct Message. You may send it to a specific individual by searching for their username.
Additional Information You can’t send a Twitter DM to someone who isn’t following you on both the mobile app and the online browser if they aren’t following you.
At the same time, they have an option named Receive messages from anybody turned off.
If someone has blocked you, you won’t be able to message them.
Your message will be routed into a Message requests area instead of their inbox if you’re contacting someone for the first time and they allow DMs from strangers. A person may then choose whether or not to reply.
Do you want to receive DMs from people you don’t know?
Make sure the option to receive messages from anybody is enabled. Go to your inbox and click on the message to read it when you get a DM.
advertisement How to Delete Twitter DMs First and foremost, regardless of whether you use a Twitter DM cleaner or not, you cannot “delete” your Twitter DMs. You can conceal DMs from your side of the discussion, but Twitter keeps deleted messages for “years,” according to The Verge, and the receiver on the other end of the chat will still have a copy. Unless they manually erase your messages using a Twitter DM deleter, this copy will stay in their hands.
1. Click on a discussion in your inbox to delete a Twitter DM from a web browser.
2. Select a message you’ve sent.
3. For you, choose the option Delete.
4. Tap on a discussion in your inbox to delete a Twitter DM through the mobile app.
5. Within that chat, tap on a message.
6. Choose to Delete message for you from the drop-down menu.
7. Go to your Twitter inbox to delete an entire conversation using a web browser.
8. You may remove a discussion by clicking on it.
9. In the upper right-hand corner of the discussion, click the I symbol.
10. Select the option to end the discussion.
A warning message will appear when you choose to Leave discussion. This caution will serve as a reminder that the person on the other end will keep a copy of your message.
1. Click the Leave button once more.
2. Your inbox will be cleared of the discussion.
3. Tap on a discussion in your inbox to delete the whole conversation using the mobile app.
4. In the upper right-hand corner of the discussion, press the I symbol.
5. Choose Delete Conversation from the drop-down menu.
You’ll be warned once again that the other person in the chat will keep a copy of the conversation.
What Has Been Happening to Twitter InboxCleaner?
InboxCleaner logged into your account using Twitter’s oAuth access, and it was completely free with no sign-up needed. You might use InboxCleaner to arrange your Twitter messages or just click a button to remove all of them at once.
Unfortunately, the tool does not seem to be functioning consistently since we originally blogged about it. The website and Twitter account are still up and running, although they’ve both been dormant since 2017.
As a result, we recommend manually deleting your Twitter DMs. It may take a bit longer, but it shouldn’t be too difficult.
Useful Twitter Accounts to Follow for Life Hacks Twitter is a fantastic platform for interacting with others and discussing a wide range of topics. It also has a user-friendly direct messaging mechanism. Especially if you follow the guidelines outlined above.
However, sending messages is just one of the numerous features available on Twitter. Another option is to follow intriguing accounts.