How to Fix Whatsapp Reactions Not Working on Android & iPhone
Whatsapp Reactions make responding to messages on your phone much more fun as you can select from a range of options to express your feelings. However, what can you do when the reactions just aren’t working? Here we discuss some tips on how to fix this issue on both Android and iPhone devices.
Fix Whatsapp Reactions Not Working on Android
If you are experiencing this issue with an Android device, try the following tips:
1. Check For Updates:
Make sure your Whatsapp App is up to date. Check Google Play Store for any updates available and install them.
2. Clear App Data and Cache:
Open settings on your smartphone and go to Apps > Whatsapp > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.
3. Uninstall and Re-Install:
Uninstall the Whatsapp App from your smartphone (without deleting your account) and then install it again.
4. Check Internet Speed:
Poor internet connection could be another reason why Whatsapp Reactions are not working. Turn off your wifi connection and try using mobile data.
Fix Whatsapp Reactions Not Working on iPhone
If you are experiencing this issue with an iPhone device, try the following tips:
1. Update Whatsapp.
Go to the App Store to check if you have the latest version of Whatsapp installed.
2. Restart your Device.
A simple restart can fix many issues! Hold the Power Button until you see the reboot option.
3. Modify Date & Time Settings.
Check if your date/time is correct. Go to settings and modify if needed.
4. Reset Network Settings.
Go to Settings > General > Reset and choose reset Network settings.
Hopefully this article was helpful and you were able to fix the ‘Whatsapp Reactions Not Working’ issue on your phone. If the issue still persists, reach out to Whatsapp Support or visit their website to get more help.
5. How do I verify that my Whatsapp Reactions fix has been successful?
You can verify that your Whatsapp Reactions fix was successful by checking if your reactions are now working properly. To do this, open a conversation and try sending a few reactions. If you are able to send reactions without any errors, then the fix has been successful.
1. What are the steps to troubleshoot Whatsapp Reactions not working on Android phones?
The steps to troubleshoot WhatsApp Reactions not working on Android phones are as follows:
- Check if the latest version of WhatsApp is installed on the device.
- Ensure that the device is connected to a stable wi-fi or mobile data connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp from the Play Store.
- Clear the app cache of WhatsApp.
- Disable and enable permissions of the WhatsApp app.
- Restart the device.
4. Are there any settings adjustments I need to make in order for Whatsapp Reactions to work correctly?
No, you do not need to make any settings adjustments in order for Whatsapp Reactions to work. It should work as soon as you install it.
3. Is there a way to enable the Whatsapp Reactions feature on older Android smartphones?
Whatsapp Reactions features are available on Android smartphones running version 4.3 and above. Unfortunately, on older Android versions, the feature is not available.
2. How do I restore the functionality of the Whatsapp Reactions feature on iPhone?
To restore the functionality of the WhatsApp Reactions feature on iPhone, open the WhatsApp app and then go to Settings > Chat > Enable Reactions. This will enable the various emoji reactions that are available for use when sending and receiving messages in WhatsApp.