How to Recover Deleted Voice Messages in Whatsapp
Accidentally deleting a voice message on Whatsapp can often be a dreaded experience. If you do happen to delete a voice message, however, there is a way to recover it. This article will guide you through the process of recovering deleted voice messages in Whatsapp.
Before You Begin
It’s important to keep in mind that you cannot recover a voice message from an older version of the app. To be able to recover it, you need to be using a more recent version of the app with an active internet connection. Additionally, if you’ve already rebooted your phone or cleared the app’s cache, it’s unlikely that the voice message will be recoverable.
Restore from a Backup
Many phone backups automatically back up certain files from Whatsapp, including the audio files for voice messages. You can use the backup to restore the deleted message on your phone.
Recover From an Android
- Step One: Tap on the Files tab on your Android device, then navigate to this location in internal storage: Whatsapp>Media>Whatsapp Voice Notes.
- Step Two: Look for a folder, or a series of folders, with a similar name that corresponds to the date and time of the deleted message. If the folder has a different name, you may have to return the phone to the time of the deletion.
- Step Three: Locate the deleted audio file you are looking for and copy it to a different folder on your phone. You can then use the file as you please.
Recover From an iPhone
- Step One: Connect your iPhone to your computer and select the option to open the device contents in iTunes. Select the Backups folder and look for the most recent backup.
- Step Two: Select the All Files option and navigate to the App Documents folder. Look for a folder with a name similar to the date and time of the deleted message.
- Step Three: Locate the audio file and copy it to a folder on your computer. You can then use the file as you please.
Now you know how to recover deleted voice messages in Whatsapp. Although the process may seem complicated, as long as you are using a more recent version of the app and have access to a backup, you should be able to recover any deleted voice message in no time.
2. Is there any way to restore files that have been permanently removed from WhatsApp?
No, there is no way to restore files that have been permanently removed from WhatsApp. Files that have been removed from WhatsApp cannot be retrieved due to the permanent erasure.
3. Does WhatsApp store voice messages in the cloud?
No, WhatsApp does not store voice messages in the cloud. Voice messages are stored locally on the device and are not uploaded to the cloud.
4. Is it possible to use a third-party app to recover deleted voice messages from WhatsApp?
Yes, it is possible to use third-party apps to recover deleted voice messages from WhatsApp. There are several data recovery apps available for both Android and iOS devices which are specifically designed to recover deleted WhatsApp messages, including audio files. It is important to note that these apps not only work with WhatsApp but also with other messaging apps like Viber, Line, Kik, and WeChat.
5. Is there a specific method for recovering deleted voice messages from a specific phone carrier?
The specifics depend on the individual phone carrier, so it is best to contact the carrier directly to inquire about any available methods for recovering deleted voice messages. Some carriers may be able to provide a way to access deleted messages, while others may not have the capability.