One of the best ways to keep your Pinterest account secure is to report any content that does not comply with the company’s terms of service. In this article, we will take a look at what to do when you encounter pins that you believe should be reported on your Pinterest account. We will go over the process for reporting pins, and what happens once a report is submitted. We will also discuss how to identify inappropriate content so that you can ensure you are only keeping high-quality content in your account. With this information, you can keep your account safe while also protecting other users from offensive material.
1. Reporting a Pin on Pinterest
If you find an inappropriate Pin on Pinterest, you can report it for removal. To do this you can use our online reporting tool. Here’s how to submit a report:
- Visit the Pin’s page.
- Click the three dots menu in the top right corner of the Pin.
- Select Report.
- Choose the reason you’re reporting the Pin.
- Click Submit.
Note: you’ll need to be signed in to your Pinterest account to report a Pin. If someone’s content violates the Community Guidelines or another policy, you can report it up to three times.
Pinterest will review any reports promptly and may take action on your report. If the Pin you reported is found to be in violation of the aforementioned policies, it will be removed. Furthermore, affected accounts may be subject to additional enforcement measures as stated in our Terms of Service.
2. What is Pinterest and How Does it Work
Pinterest is a visual discovery and sharing platform that enables users to search and save ideas relating to home decor, food, DIY projects, health, and more. It focuses heavily on visuals, with images and videos making up a large portion of the content that is shared. Aside from being a social network, it also serves as an online bulletin board, where users can save and organize Pins, which are images, videos, and articles that have been saved from a variety of websites.
To use Pinterest, users need to create an account and then start creating boards. These are topics that may interest them, such as food, entertainment, travel, DIY projects and more. Users pin items they find on the internet to the created boards. Other users can also follow each other’s boards and see what their friends are adding. In addition to saving and organizing content, users can also like and comment on each other’s pins.
Pinterest provides various ways for users to discover content, including the home screen, which provides a feed consisting of pins from accounts that the user follows, as well as recommendations from other users, trends related to their interests, and pins from boards that the user has interacted with in the past. Another way for users to find content is by using the search bar. Here, users can search for topics, keywords, and even trends.
- Create an account and create boards
- Pin items found on the internet
- Follow, like, and comment on other user’s pins
- Use the home screen and search bar to find content
3. Reasons for Reporting a Pin
There are various reasons why users may report a pin. This could include inappropriate content, inaccuracy, or a violation of a trademark. It is important to consider the rationale and guidelines before reporting a pin. Here are a few :
- Inappropriate or offensive content: If a pin contains content that is offensive, hurtful, inflammatory, abusive, discriminatory, or contains sexually explicit content, it should be reported.
- Inaccurate or outdated information: If the content of a pin is outdated, incorrect, or misleading, it should be reported.
- Violation of trademark or copyright laws: If a pin contains content that infringes on another individual’s or institution’s trademark or copyright laws, it should be reported immediately.
When reporting a pin, users should provide as much detail as possible, including a link to the pin, the reason for reporting, and screenshots or other documentation if available. Users should also take into account the context in which a pin was created and the possible legal implications before they decide to report a pin.
4. How to Report a Pin on Your Account
If you have found a pin that goes against the Pinterest Community Guidelines, you have the option to report it. All reports are investigated. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log into your Pinterest account.
- Locate the pin that you want to report.
- Click on the three dots at the bottom right corner of the pin.
- Choose Report from the list that appears.
Once the report has been submitted, Pinterest will investigate it. During the investigation Pinterest may ask for more information from the person reporting the pin.
Once your case is reviewed, Pinterest will take action depending on the Guidelines. This can range from removing a pin to suspending the account of the person responsible.
5. What Happens After You Report a Pin?
Once you have reported a pin to Pinterest, the reported pin is reviewed to check if it doesn’t go against the Community Guidelines of the platform. If the reported pin is found to be in violation, it will be removed accordingly. If not, it will stay on the platform.
If it is removed, you will be notified through email and a notification will appear on the home tab as well. In either case, you will be advised to block or unfollow the account associated with the reported pin. This will protect you from seeing reposts of the same pin, or any other pins posted by that account.
You can also stop seeing more pins from the same account. To do this, go to your Privacy tab, then to the Blocked Accounts section, and block the account associated with the reported pin. After blocking the account, any pins from that account will no longer appear in your home tab or search results. Unblock the account to start seeing the pins again.
- Verifying the reported pin – First, Pinterest will check if the pin is violating their Community Guidelines.
- Notifying – You will be notified via email, as well as through a notification.
- Block the account – You can block the account associated with the reported pin, thus protecting yourself from seeing reposts or any other pins.
We hope this article was helpful in providing you with information regarding how to report pins on your Pinterest account. We understand that as an online community, it’s important to keep your account activity safe and secure. Taking the necessary steps to properly report any abuse or offensiveness will help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience on Pinterest.