In this digital world, people are increasingly taking advantage of all the platforms available to them to grow their online presence. One of the most popular and effective ways to do this is to connect your various accounts, such as Pinterest and Instagram, in order to take full advantage of both platforms. In this article, we will look at how to easily connect your Pinterest account to your Instagram account to benefit from the reach of both.
1. Introduction to Connecting Pinterest and Instagram Accounts
Connecting your Pinterest and Instagram accounts is a great way to synchronize your content and increase the reach of your posts. Knowing how to do it correctly can be tricky, so this section is designed to walk you through the steps involved in setting up your accounts.
- Provide links in your profile description.
- Create a post on each platform.
- Promote your content.
The first step is to provide a link in your profile description. This will enable viewers to easily access your Pinterest page by clicking on the link in your Instagram profile. To do this, go to your Instagram page and select Edit Profile. Inside, you’ll find a box that allows you to type in a website. This is the spot to fill in your Pinterest URL. Once you’ve added it, click Submit and you’re done.
The second step is to create a post on each platform. Once you’ve added your Pinterest URL to your Instagram profile, you can start posting links to your boards and pins on Instagram. To do this, create a new Instagram post and add the image or video you want your viewers to see. Include a link to the corresponding board or pin in your Pinterest profile in the description of your Instagram post.
The third step is to promote your content. To really get the most out of your posts, set aside time every day to actively promote them. Share your posts to other social media sites as well as encouraging friends and family to like, comment and share your links. The more people you can reach, the more engagement you’ll gain and the better your reach will be.
2. Setting Up Your Pinterest Business Account
Creating a Business Account
Creating a business account on Pinterest is a great way to gain access to powerful analytics and advertising tools. Before setting up a business account, it’s important to understand what a business account can offer. When creating a business account, it will be necessary to indicate whether the account’s purpose is to promote a business, website, or app.
The Benefits of Having a Business Account
A business account on Pinterest provides you with a wide array of tools and insights to help you optimize your efforts and maximize your results. Here are just a few of the benefits of having a business account:
- Access to tailored analytics and reporting
- Recurring scheduling options
- Market research tools
- Ad targeting and optimization tools
- Rich pins to enhance your pins
If you are ready to get started with a business account, first visit Pinterest for Business. You will be prompted to create an account if you don’t already have one. The prompts will also ask you if you are creating an account to promote a website, business, or app. After that, you will be powered up with the necessary tools to start creating engaging and informative content. You are now ready to become a successful Pinterest user.
3. Generating an Access Token for Pinterest
In order to make a successful API request to Pinterest, you must first generate an access token which is given to you when you log in. This token is specific to the user, and is used to authenticate and authorize requests. This section will provide a step-by-step guide on how to generate an access token for Pinterest:
Step 1: Create an App
Navigate to the Pinterest developer page and click on “Create an App.” Provide all the necessary details, including the app name and description, and then click on “Create.”
Step 2: Configure Your App
Once you have created an app, you will need to configure it. To do this:
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab and configure the following options:
- The website URL where you will use Pinterest API
- Terms of Service URL
- OAuth redirect URI
- Navigate to the “Permissions” tab and review the terms. Then, click on “Grant Access.”
Step 3: Generate Access Token
Now your app is ready to make API calls. To generate an access token, navigate to the “Authentication” tab and click on “Generate Access Token.” Provide your login credentials, and agree to the terms and conditions. Then, copy your access token and you’re good to go!
4. Authorizing the Connection between Pinterest and Instagram
In order to link your Pinterest account to your Instagram account, your first step should be to guarantee that you are authorized to accomplish this connection. Follow the below steps to authorize the connection between Pinterest and Instagram.
- Create a Pinterest account – If you don’t have one yet, you should create one now. Setting up a profile on Pinterest is very straightforward. You just need to provide some basic information and accept the terms and conditions.
- Link an Instagram account – Log in to your Pinterest account and click the “Add Instagram Account” button. You will be prompted to enter your Instagram username and password and then click the “Log In” button. After this step, you will be able to add products and deals provided by Instagram.
- Check your permissions – After signing in, you will be prompted to give Pinterest access to your Instagram account. Click “Accept” to allow Pinterest access to your Instagram account.
This process is simple and straightforward, allowing you to authorize the connection between Pinterest and Instagram in a few easy steps. After authorizing the connection and access to your Instagram account, you can start using the associated features and tools.
5. Wrapping Up: Your Pinterest and Instagram Accounts are Connected!
Once you have successfully connected your Pinterest and Instagram accounts, you are now able to share your posts in both platforms at the same time. This ensures your content reaches a much larger audience, with the potential to build more connections, observe more conversations, and see your overall reach increase.
There are numerous benefits with having your accounts connected. By having your accounts connected, you can easily capture and discover content from other users. This enables you to repost content that resonates with your audience, increasing engagement with them and putting your brand out there.
In addition, you can share stories, images and videos with it being easier to tag the content. This should be done so to maximize visibility and reach. Also, have campaign hashtags so users know when you post anything related to it and can search for it much more easily.
- Share your posts across both platforms
- Capture and discover content from other users
- Utilize campaign hashtags for increased visibility
Congratulations! Now that you’ve set up the connection between your Pinterest and Instagram accounts, you can expand your audience and work towards building reach and engagement with your content. You don’t have to limit your content to one platform only but can branch out to multiple social networks. With this knowledge in hand, you can now look forward to gaining higher follower numbers and becoming a social media expert!