Whether you’re an experienced job seeker or just getting started in your employment search, knowing how to use LinkedIn to your advantage is key. Utilizing LinkedIn to apply for jobs is a great way to increase your chances of landing a new opportunity. In this article, you will learn how to quickly and easily see the applications you have submitted via LinkedIn with a step-by-step tutorial.
I. Introduction to LinkedIn Applications
LinkedIn applications provide users with an ever-expanding set of ways to manage their content and build their professional networks.
Know Your Way Around LinkedIn Applications:
- Start by creating a professional profile that accurately reflects your skills and accomplishments.
- Stay active and engage with posts, articles, and users on the platform.
- Utilize LinkedIn’s applications to further connect with potential employers, business partners, and other professionals.
These are just a few practical ways to make the most of the platform. However, when it comes to taking full advantage of the services LinkedIn has to offer, it pays to familiarize yourself with the applications.
Types of LinkedIn Applications
LinkedIn offers a variety of applications geared toward improving professionals’ online experience. These applications can be broken down into three main categories: career, focus, and education.
- Career-based applications allow users to apply directly to jobs, network with recruiters, and search for new opportunities.
- Focus-based applications provide ways for users to showcase their portfolio, find mentors, and build their presence in the business world.
- Education-based applications provide users with resources to gain new skills, learn from industry leaders, and create custom learning plans.
Each application provides users with its own unique set of features, so it pays to explore the potential of each one. As you start to use the applications that speak to your needs and goals, the opportunities available on LinkedIn will become more apparent.
II. Exploring Your LinkedIn Apps
Connecting With Third-Party Apps
Once you’re familiar with the LinkedIn interface, you can start exploring the third-party applications available on the platform. With a wide array of apps at your disposal, such as integration with calendars, inboxes, and job search searches, you can customize your experience and benefit from the tools that help you make the most of your network. The apps are conveniently organized into categories, such as networking, analytics, and recruiting, so you can easily find the one that best suits your needs.
Setting Up Job Alerts
One of the most useful apps for job seekers is Job Alerts. It allows you to create an alert whenever job postings relevant to your field become available. This way, you can be one of the first to apply and increase your chances of landing the job. Setting up a Job Alerts alert is simple:
- Log into the LinkedIn app.
- Go to the Menu.
- Tap on “Apps.”
- Under “Jobs,” select “Job Alerts.”
- Fill out the job search form, being specific about the kind of job you’re looking for.
- Hit “Create Alert.”
Using Complementary Apps
Along with Job Alerts, there are plenty of other apps that can help you make the most of the LinkedIn platform. Consider apps such as Linked Connections, which helps you easily search through your network and make connections with other professionals, or Linked Analytics, which provides insights into your LinkedIn traffic and engagement levels. Get creative and explore the various apps that are available to you—you’re sure to find some great tools to help you succeed.
III. Adjust Your Application Settings
Application settings are an important part of making sure that your program is functioning properly and optimized to your needs. Here are some steps to follow to adjust your application settings:
- Identify what settings you need to adjust – This may require going through all of the software features and settings to determine what needs to be adjusted for your application.
- Start small and work your way up – Even though some adjustments may seem small, they can still have an effect on your program. Start with making small, incremental changes and work your way up until all settings are properly adjusted.
- Test your application’s settings – Once all of the settings are adjusted, it is important to test the functioning of your application to make sure that it is running correctly.
Remember that application settings vary depending on the particular program that you are running. Doing your research and understanding the settings of your particular program can go a long way to ensuring that it is functioning properly and is optimized for your needs.
If you are ever uncertain about how to configure or adjust your application settings, there are plenty of resources available to help. You can consult the manual or technical support for your application, or reach out to experts and other users to get additional advice and support.
IV. Deleting Applications on LinkedIn
If for whatever reason you want to delete an application you have made on LinkedIn, you can do so following the given steps:
- Go to your LinkedIn profile and click to the left in the menu where it says Jobs.
- Now scroll down until you find the Manage Applications section.
- You should then see a list of your applications appear. In order to delete a specific application, click on the More button located on the right, then choose the option Delete.
Make sure to check the application carefully before you delete it, as this action can’t be reversed.
If you are having trouble using the LinkedIn website or mobile app to delete your applications, you can also contact their customer service directly. Their staff will be more than happy to help in any way they can.
Following this easy tutorial, you now should have more insight on how to better make use of your LinkedIn profile. You’ve now acquired the basic knowledge on how to view and modify your LinkedIn applications. Hopefully, this article has been beneficial for you to use. Remember to review your applications regularly, as your profile is only as good as your latest application.