How To Stop Receiving Emails From Twitter On Your Device
It's simple to opt out of receiving all or any of Twitter's emails.
In just a few clicks, you can stop getting Twitter emails on your computer or mobile device.
In Twitter's notification choices, you'll be able to disable all or select emails.
If you click unsubscribe directly on a Twitter email, you will not be able to stop all Twitter emails; instead, you must go into Twitter's notification settings to do so.
Twitter, like Facebook, Instagram, and most other social media networks, may flood your inbox with emails in an attempt to pique your interest and bring you back into your Twitter feed.
If you wish to stop receiving these emails and navigate the Twitter verse on your own, you may disable Twitter emails with a few simple clicks or taps.
How to Disable Twitter Emails on a Computer
1.Open Twitter and go to your profile page. Select your profile photo by clicking on it.
- Go to the bottom of the left-hand menu and choose More. Clicking Notifications in the first menu will take you to Twitter alerts but will not allow you to turn off email notifications.
- Select Settings and privacy from the menu that appears.
- Navigate to Notifications. On the right, a Notifications menu displays.
- Select Email alerts from the drop-down menu.
Select Email alerts from the Preferences menu. The screen that appears displays a full choice of options.
- To disable all Email alerts, move the blue dot to the top left. All of the choices below will be grayed out, and you will no longer get Twitter communications.
- Turn off all or a subset of your email alerts.
For a more sophisticated approach, keep Email notifications enabled and tick the options below to be more selective about what emails you get and how often they appear.
- Keep in mind that if you have more than one Twitter account, you'll need to repeat this process for each profile in order to remove all Twitter emails.
You may also customize your SMS alerts by going to Notifications > Preferences.
Another option to stop Twitter emails is to click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of each Twitter email. However, this will only unsubscribe you from Top Tweets and Stories emails, not all Twitter alerts.
How to Turn Off Twitter Emails on Your Phone
- Launch the Twitter app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap your profile picture, which should be in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Privacy and Settings.
- Select Notifications. Select Email alerts from the Preferences menu.
- Drag the white dot at the top to the left to disable all Twitter emails, or use the menu below to choose which email alerts you wish to retain.
You may also disable SMS and Push alerts under the Notifications settings on your iPhone or Android.