How to Stop Receiving Messages from Whatsapp Group without Exiting
Do you find yourself constantly swarmed with notifications from WhatsApp group chats and want to stop from being constantly disturbed? Here’s how you can stop receiving messages from WhatsApp group without having to leave the group.
- Open the WhatsApp group chat.
- Tap on the group name or image at the top.
- Scroll down and select Mute.
- From the Mute options, choose how long you would want to stop receiving notifications. Options are 8 hours, 1 week and 1 year.
- Tap OK.
- You can also choose to turn off all notification sounds or vibration alerts by pressing Notification Sounds.
- You can also stop seeing chat previews from lockscreen by pressing on Preview toggles.
- If you’re online, exiting the group chat will make you still visible, but unavailable to receive messages from the group.
With this, you can now silence your WhatsApp group chat without having to exit the group and stop notifications from constantly bothering you.
3. Is there any way to stop receiving messages from a particular member of a Whatsapp Group?
Yes, there is. You can use the “Mute” feature to stop receiving messages from a particular member of the Whatsapp group. To do this, go to the group chat and tap on the group name at the top. Then select the “Group Info” option. You will be able to find the option to silence notifications on the group info page.
1. Is it possible to stop receiving messages from a Whatsapp Group without exiting it?
Yes, it is possible to stop receiving messages from a WhatsApp group without exiting the group. You can do this by disabling all notifications for the group. To disable notifications, open the group conversation and select the options menu (three vertical dots). From the menu, turn off the ‘Notifications’ toggle and you won’t receive any notifications or messages from the group.
2. What are the steps involved in blocking a Whatsapp Group?
The steps for blocking a WhatsApp Group includes the following:
1. Open the WhatsApp application and go to the Group that you want to block.
2. Tap on the group’s name at the top to open more options.
3.Select the ‘Group Settings’ option.
4. At the bottom of the ‘Group Settings’, select the ‘Block Group’ option.
5. Confirm that you want to block the Group by tapping on the ‘Block Group’ button.
6. The Group will be blocked and all messages from the Group will no longer appear in your chat list.
5. Is it possible to leave a Whatsapp Group without informing the other members?
Yes, it is possible to leave a Whatsapp group without informing the other members. To do this, open the group chat and tap on the group name at the top of the page. In the group info page, tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select “exit group” from the list of options. This will remove you from the group without notifying the other members.
4. Is it possible to switch off notifications for Whatsapp Group messages without leaving the group?
Yes. It is possible to switch off notifications for Whatsapp Group messages without leaving the group. All you need to do is open the group chat, press the menu button, and select “Mute Notifications” from the options.
“How do I mute notifications from a WhatsApp group?”
On Android devices, go to the Whatsapp group in question> tap the menu icon (3 vertical dots) > select Mute. This will give you the option to mute the group for 8 hours, 1 week, or 1 year.
On iOS devices, go to the WhatsApp group in question> tap the > icon (bottom right corner) >select Mute. This will give you the option to mute the group for 8 hours, 1 week, or 1 year.