As a business owner, having the right marketing strategy is essential for the success of your product. You may already have experience with other platforms, such as websites, social media, and email, but did you know that Pinterest can be a game-changer when it comes to selling products on Shopify? With over 150 million users, Pinterest is one of the most visited and influential social media networks around. This article will show you how to maximize the potential of Pinterest for your Shopify store and explain how you can use it to reach more potential customers.
1. Introduction to Selling Products with Pinterest on Shopify
Selling products on Pinterest with Shopify is a powerful way to optimize marketing and advertising for your business. As with any retail platform, there is a learning process and higher advertising costs associated with using Pinterest for your Shopify store.
The first step is to create a Pinterest account for your store. You will want to make sure that the account is registered to your email address and website URL so that customers can find your store easily. Once the account is set up, you’ll be able to start creating boards, pinning products, and adding descriptions to your posts.
- Take advantage of rich features: Use shopify image editing tools and optimize content for Pinterest to make it more visually appealing and more likely to be shared.
- Get professional help: Hire a Pinterest expert to help you with strategies and creating content that will increase engagement and sales.
- Promote your products: Use product tags, promoted pins and contests to encourage customers to explore your store and discover new products.
By using Pinterest for Shopify, you’ll be able to capture the interest of potential customers and successfully market your products. With the right tactics and strategies, you can unlock the potential of this powerful social media platform.
2. Setting up Your Shopify Account
Creating a Shopify Store: Creating a Shopify store is easier and faster than ever. All you need to do is sign up for a free Shopify account, choose a template, and start customizing your store.
- Go to shopify.com and click the “Get Started” button.
- Create an account by entering your personal and contact information.
- Choose a payment gateway and method.
We recommend using one of Shopify’s payment gateways as it integrates seamlessly and offers the most reliable transactions for both you and your customers. After selecting a payment gateway, you are required to accept the Shopify Terms of Service before continuing.
Adding Your Products: After setting up your store, the next step is to add your products. Shopify makes it easy to manage and add products to your store. You can upload multiple products at once or use Shopify’s helpful self-guided product-loading feature.
- Go to the “Products” page in your Shopify dashboard.
- Click the “Add product” button to begin creating a product.
- Enter in product details, such as pricing and product images.
- When finished, click “Submit Product”.
You can also add variants to your products, such as sizes or colors. To do this, click the “Variants” tab while creating your product and enter in the variant details. Once everything is added and you are satisfied with how your product looks, click “Save”. Your product is now available to be purchased by customers.
3. Creating Your Pinterest Business Account
Now that you’ve created your Pinterest business profile, it’s time to create and set up your business account. This is an essential step toward gaining followers and engaging with potential customers. Here are a few tips to help you create an effective Pinterest business account:
1. Choose Strategy: Before you create your account, think carefully about your marketing strategy. What is your target audience, who are you trying to reach and what kind of content will you be using to engage them? This will help you create an informative and relevant board structure and crafting the necessary content.
2. Optimize Profile: On your Pinterest profile, include a short and descriptive bio along with a link to your website. This will give your followers extra information about you and your business. Also, remember to include a profile photo for a more personalized experience.
3. Create Boards: Boards are essentially topics of interest revolving around specific topics or themes. This is how you create the structure of your account so that followers can find content that is relevant to them. Start by creating 3-4 different topics for your content and then fill in each board with the relevant pins. Here’s a list of elements to consider when creating your boards:
- Name of the board
- Type of content
- Background image
- Keywords to use
4. Creating High-Quality Visuals for Your Shopify Product Pins
Creating high-quality visuals for Shopify product pins is essential to ensure customers get a comprehensive view of what your store has to offer. Your product pins should be visually appealing, vibrant, and easy to recognize. Here are some tips for creating great visuals for your Shopify product pins.
Keep it simple and clean: Use simple, easy-to-understand visuals that complement your brand. Avoid using too many elements or textures that can be distracting to customers and make your product pins difficult to recognize. Instead, use only two or three colors, basic shapes, and other design elements that are easy to integrate into Shopify product pins.
Be consistent across platforms: It’s important to keep your visuals consistent across all platforms. Use the same colors and design elements in every Shopify product pin, ensuring customers can easily recognize your products regardless of the platform they view them on.
Include product details: Make sure to include important details about the product in your product pins. This includes the product name, product SKU, price, and other important information that customers should know about the product before making a purchase. This will help ensure customers get all the information they need to make a purchase decision.
- Keep it simple and clean
- Be consistent across platforms
- Include product details
Creating high-quality visuals for Shopify product pins doesn’t have to be difficult. By keeping your visuals simple and consistent, as well as including all of the important product details, you can ensure you have an attractive and effective product pin that stands out from the competition and encourages customers to purchase.
5. Applying the Right Strategies to Increase Your Shopify Stores Sales through Pinterest
One of the most effective strategies to increase sales through Pinterest is to design attractive images that draw attention. Images should feature bright colors, attractive visuals and have some type of relevant text to the product. It is essential to provide an accurate description that is captivating to draw customers and persuade them to follow the link to the store. The more dynamic the images, the more likely customers will be drawn to click through.
In addition, entrepreneurs should consider running Pinterest ads as these will enable you to get your content seen without needing to build up a huge following or worry about competing with many other competitors. Pinterest ads are impactful and specifically target your target audience based on keywords and interests. This is an effective way to get the most out of your advertising budget, and it can immediately create more brand awareness and generate higher sales.
Finally, entrepreneurs should use the analytics feature offered by Pinterest. The features allow monitor and analyze how an account’s content is performing, and it provides important information such as engagement rates & clicks. With that said, entrepreneurs should check these often and update Pinterest content as needed to adapt to what’s performing better. This helps to ensure the content you’re creating is generating the Maximum ROI and makes any changes needed to ensure that your content is seen by the most potential customers.
- Design attractive images that draw attention.
- Consider running Pinterest ads.
- Utilize analytics feature to monitor and analyze performance.
Pinterest can be a powerful ally to merchants who want to increase their reach and start selling products on their Shopify store. With the right strategies, it can help to drive more traffic, get more followers and convert more leads into customers. With Pinterest’s simple and easy-to-use interface, combined with Shopify’s unparalleled e-commerce selling capabilities, you have all the tools you need to take your Shopify store to the next level. So have fun creating and doubling down on Pinterest, and don’t forget to keep an eye out for trends, challenges and new opportunities to grow your store.