In the digital world, there is a huge variety of ways to make a website look unique and more attractive to the visitors. One of the most effective tools for web developers to improve the overall look of a web page is the usage of widgets. Widgets are basically small snippets of code that give your web page additional features such as a Pinterest board. Widgets are incredibly popular for websites associated with lifestyle and fashion, as they allow you to curate and showcase your images from Pinterest directly from the website. This article is going to provide a comprehensive guide on how to use Pinterest widgets on your website.
1. Introduction to Pinterest Widgets
What are Pinterest Widgets?
Pinterest widgets are interactive tools that enable embedded content from Pinterest, such as collections of pins, boards, and profiles, to be shared across websites. They are designed to help website owners and content creators generate more traffic to their pages, in turn driving conversions.
Types of Pinterest Widgets
There are several types of Pinterest widgets available, including the following:
- Pin Widgets: Used to embed individual pins on websites or other digital properties.
- Board Widgets: Allow embedded boards to be shared on websites or other digital properties.
- User Widgets: Allows users to embed their own profile and boards on any website that supports these widgets.
Benefits of Pinterest Widgets
Using Pinterest widgets allows website owners to readily leverage existing Pinterest content to enhance their digital properties. This content can be used to engage with visitors and foster more meaningful interactions. Additionally, since it integrates with existing Pinterest data, it allows website owners to better target potential customer segments and customise content to those users.
2. Benefits of Including Pinterest Widgets on Your Website
Pinterest Widgets are an effective way to bring value to your website. They are easy to install and are an efficient way to display your products and services to an audience. Here are a few ways you can benefit from having Pinterest Widgets on your website:
- Increase your Reach: Pinterest Widgets can be used to display any type of content, including images, videos, and stories. This allows you to reach a much broader audience with your content, and can be a great way to engage potential customers.
- Increase Credibility: By displaying your content on Pinterest, you can create a more credible presence on the web. Your products, services, and stories can gain traction and become more well-known on the web.
- Increase Followers: By displaying your content on Pinterest, you can increase your followers and build a loyal customer base. Your content will be seen by a larger audience, allowing you to raise awareness about your products and services.
Pinterest Widgets are a great tool to include on your website, as they allow you to reach a larger audience and potentially generate more sales and customers. Additionally, they can help you build credibility and gain more followers. By installing Pinterest Widgets on your website, you can bring value to your web presence and get the most out of your content.
3. Steps for Adding Pinterest Widgets to Your Website
Adding Pinterest Widgets to Your Website:
Pinterest widgets make it easy to increase website traffic and engagement from visitors. You can use the Pinterest save and follow buttons on webpages to give visitors the chance to save and follow your content. Here are the steps you need to take to add Pinterest widgets to your website:
- Start by creating your website widget. To create a widget, visit the Pinterest developer page, choose a button type and then configure your button.
- Once the widget has been created, you need to copy the generated HTML code.
- Now you can paste the HTML code into your website. The codes should be added to the webpages where you want the widget to be displayed.
After the HTML code has been added to your webpages, the Pinterest widgets should appear. You can also use the ‘Inspect Element’ feature in your browser to make sure the code is properly working. Make sure to always test the widget before you publish it. This will ensure that everything works as expected.
4. Tips for Optimizing the Use of Pinterest Widgets
Use Pinterest for Enhanced Customer Engagement
Pinterest widgets can provide a valuable platform for boosting customer engagement with your website. Use them to create a community that focuses on user-generated content. For example, by inserting a widget that allows customers to upload their own photos or post reviews of your products, you can benefit from increased social proof. Another effective strategy is to add a widget that allows customers to share your content on their own Pinterest boards. This will not only help to increase exposure to your brand, but will also help to build up your network of potential customers.
Choose the Most Appropriate Widgets
As you determine the best Pinterest widgets for your website, there are a few key points to consider. Firstly, think about what you want to achieve from the widget. Are you looking to display user-generated content, provide a way for customers to engage with your social media profiles, or facilitate the sharing of content? Secondly, determine the best placement for the widget to ensure it will be visible to the most relevant customers. Finally, include strategies for managing content that may be uploaded, to ensure it remains within your brand guidelines.
Once you have added the desired Pinterest widgets to your website, there are a few additional steps you can take to boost engagement. For example:
- Include a call-to-action button prominently displayed next to each widget to encourage website visitors to use them.
- Add preview images and comments to each picture shared on your website to draw attention to user-generated content.
- Include relevant hashtags when prompting customers to share content, to boost brand exposure.
- Integrate prompts and forms to capture data related to customer interactions with the widget.
By following these tips, you can benefit from the improved engagement and visibility that Pinterest widgets can offer.
5. Troubleshooting Common Issues With Pinterest Widgets
Incorrect Placement of Widget
Incorrect placement of a widget is a common issue with Pinterest widgets. When a widget is installed to the page, it needs to be placed in the correct place for it to display properly. The widget needs to be placed in the HTML body section; it should not be placed within a script tag, a div tag, or a style tag. If a widget is not located in the HTML body section, the widget will not display properly.
Incorrect Widget Attributes
Another common issue with Pinterest widgets occurs when incorrect attributes are used when building the widget. Pinterest widgets require certain attributes, such as the pin URL, the pin owner’s URL, and the pin description. If these attributes are not set correctly, the widget will not display properly. It is important to double-check that the attributes used in the widget are set correctly.
Incorrect Width/Height Settings
When creating a widget, the width and height settings of the widget need to be set correctly in order for the widget to display correctly. If the settings are too small or too large, the widget could be cropped or the text could be cut off. It is important to ensure that the correct width and height values are set for the widget to render correctly. By following the steps provided above, you have developed the skills necessary to embed Pinterest widgets on your website. If this process was helpful to you, be sure to check out our other content related to Pinterest here on our blog. Thank you for reading, and we hope this article was beneficial to you.