If you’ve been on Pinterest recently, you know how amazing and inspirational the platform can be. You can gain great insights on topics that range from the latest fashion trends to cooking a delicious dinner, to starting a small business. But did you know you can also view your Pinterest account activity to stay informed on how your posts, searches and reactions rank? In this article, we will discuss how to view your Pinterest account activity to get a better understanding of your account insights and activities.
I. Setting Up Your Pinterest Account
Creating an account on Pinterest is one of the first steps to gaining success from the platform. Initially, it may seem like a daunting task but after following the simple steps outlined below it becomes much simpler.
First, you need to create an account on the website. To do this you will need to enter your name, email address or mobile number, and create a password. Next, you will need to choose the topics you are interested in. This helps the platform create a personalized feed just for you. At this point, you can choose to connect your Pinterest account to other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Google.
The last step is to create a profile. You can choose to provide as little or as much information as you would like. Here you can customize your profile to reflect your identity, with features such as a profile picture, cover photo, bio, and information about who you are. You can start following people and boards as soon as you have completed your profile.
- Set up your account: Enter name, email or mobile, password.
- Choose topics of interest: To get a personalized feed.
- Connect to other social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Google.
- Create your profile: Profile picture, cover photo, bio, information.
- Follow people and boards: Start your research.
II. Understanding Activity on Your Pinterest Account
Measuring and understanding activity on your Pinterest account gives you a broad view of how your pins are doing. Keeping track of your board activity allows you to determine which types of pins are resonating with others and which are not. Here are some tips for understanding activity on your Pinterest account:
- Organic Reach – Organic reach is the number of people seeing your pins without any paid promotion. Keep an eye out on how your pins are being circulated and discover which ones are being shared the most.
- Optimized Content – Pinterest is an online search engine, so create content that Google and Pinterest can easily digest. Use keywords throughout your pin description and make it easily scannable and between 500-600 characters.
- Analytics – Utilize Pinterest analytics to measure impressions, engagements, and website clicks. Track referrers and which interests have resulted in the most traffic. Also, track pin count to follow the number of likes and repins per post and monitor growth in followers.
When analyzing your account’s organic reach, pay attention to when your pins are uploaded and if they are being shared on different days. Repinning certain pins to create seasonal relevancy or refresh your boards with new content can increase organic reach. Additionally, setting up tracking parameters will provide insight into what resonates with your followers the most. You can do this by taking advantage of Pinterest’s new conversion tags and landing page tags, which are great for tracking long-term success.
III. Viewing Your Pinterest Account Activity
Whether you want to see what has been going on in your account or discover a lost moment or two, viewing your Pinterest account activity can be a great practice. This post will explain how you can access and review your account activity.
1. Accessing Your Activity
- Log in to your account and click on the menu icon located in the top right corner.
- Select your username, which will open the activity feed.
- You will be presented with a running timeline of all the activities you’ve done in the past.
2. Reviewing Your Activity
- You can easily customize the timeline and look for specific activities.
- Look for activities such as pins you’ve liked or commented on, or search for keywords or hashtags.
- You can also check out your previous pins and boards from the feed.
3. Managing Your Activity
- You can manage your activity timeline by deleting those activities that you don’t want others to see.
- From the activity log, click the X icon next to the activity you wish to delete.
- You have the option of deleting the activity only from your profile or also from other people’s view. Choose the option that suits your purpose.
IV. Verifying Pinterest Account Activity
It is essential to regularly verify your activity and account settings on Pinterest. If any malicious activity is detected, it is important to take the necessary steps to investigate and address it. Following are the steps to verify your Pinterest account activity:
- Profile: Ensure that your profile information is up to date and that the profile photo is correctly set up.
- Privacy Settings: Review the ‘Privacy Settings’ option and make sure all the settings are as per your preference.
- Account Activity: Check for any suspicious logins from unknown locations. If required, change the password.
- Pins and Comments: Make sure that no comments or pins have been posted on your behalf, without your knowledge.
Being aware of the activities on your Pinterest account helps you keep your account secure. You can also check for any content that you may have posted or pinned due to the influence of any malware or unpleasant content. Additionally, it is important to know the engagement on your posts and who is viewing them.
It is also recommended to set up two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security to your account. This will ensure that any suspicious activity is identified and can be blocked.
V. Taking Action to Increase Your Pinterest Account Activity
It is important to remember that taking action to increase the activity of your Pinterest account is essential if you wish to see success. There are a few ways you can do this, each of which will help to ensure that you are engaging with your audience and keeping them interested in your content:
- Create Quality Content: Ensure that all of the content you post is of the highest quality and engaging for your audience. Make sure that it is relevant to your niche, interesting, and unique.
- Engage With Your Followers: Reply to comments, re-pin posts, and engage with other users. This will help to build relationships with your followers and make them more likely to share your content.
- Use Appropriate Hashtags: Utilizing popular hashtags can help to increase your reach and engagement with potential followers. Additionally, it’s important to make sure that you are using relevant hashtags, as they are more likely to attract the right kind of attention.
Another important aspect of increasing your Pinterest activity is making sure that you post regularly. Keep to a consistent posting schedule and make sure that you are regularly creating and publishing new content. If your content is engaging and relevant, you are more likely to have a steady stream of followers.
By taking the proper action, you can see an increase in activity on your Pinterest account and start to see the results that you have been looking for. Take the time to properly plan and execute a plan of action and you will be sure to see the success that you want.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about how to view your Pinterest account activity. By following these instructions, you should have a better understanding as to which areas of your account are used the most, allowing for a more personalized and efficient experience. We hope that this article was helpful in aiding you in finding out more about your Pinterest activity.