With the proliferation of social media platforms, LinkedIn has emerged as one of the key players in professional networking. As such, many people have opted to upgrade to the paid premium service, which opens up many additional features and benefits. However, if you’re looking to opt out of the premium service, this article is here to provide you with a step by step guide on how to cancel your paid subscription on LinkedIn.
I. Introduction to Canceling Premium on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is the premier online platform for professionals to network, connect with others in the same industry, and engage in meaningful ways. It has also created a subscription service for job search, career advancement, and other features. At any time, you can choose to cancel your premium subscription.
- Steps for Canceling Your LinkedIn Premium Subscription
- Choosing an Alternative Free Plan
The first step for canceling your LinkedIn premium subscription is to log into the service with the associated account. Navigate to the Account & Setting tab and select the Subscription Settings link. Here you will be able to view the available plans and select the Cancel Subscription option. Once selected, you will be asked to confirm your cancellation and you will no longer be billed.
If you decide to cancel your subscription but want to continue using LinkedIn, there are several alternative options available. In lieu of a premium account, you can select to use one of two other non-premium versions. The Basic (free) version will allow you to access some core features, such as the ability to search and apply for jobs. The Career (free) version provides additional features such as personalized job recommendations and in-depth insights into job roles and industries.
By following the steps outlined above, you should be able to easily cancel your premium subscription on LinkedIn. Should you have any additional questions, be sure to contact customer service for further assistance.
II. Benefits of Canceling LinkedIn Premium
1. Savings in Money. Canceling LinkedIn Premium offers an immediate advantage in terms of your bank account, as you no longer have to pay for it. You can use the money saved for other investments or quality time activities with your family and friends.
2. Your Basic Privacy Settings Remain Intact. Canceling your LinkedIn Premium account does not reset your privacy settings, as long as you remain on the same account. In other words, your profile remains private, and the only people who can see your profile would be those you have granted access.
3. Access to Valuable LinkedIn Perspectives. Canceling the paid account may seem like a short-term disadvantage, but it actually offers other unique advantages. For instance, you maintain access to both the LinkedIn community and its public groups and forums that can offer great insights, ideas and perspectives on different professional and non-professional topics. Additionally, you can continue to use the LinkedIn app without having to pay a fee.
III. Step-by-Step Process for Canceling LinkedIn Premium
1. Login to Your Account
Start by navigating to the LinkedIn website and logging into your account using yourLogin credentials. Once you are logged in, look for the “Work” tab on the top navigation and click it. This will open a dropdown menu, in which you will see an option titled “Premium”.
2. Access and Manage Your Subscriptions
Click on the “Premium” option from the dropdown menu. This will take you to the page where you can access and manage your subscriptions. On the page, there should be an option to “Cancel Subscription.” click on this option.
3. Review and Confirm Your Cancellation
On the following page, you will be asked to review and confirm your cancellation. To complete the cancellation process, you will have to follow the instructions given on the page. Once you have completed the instructions, your LinkedIn Premium subscription will officially be canceled.
IV. Common Questions and Answers Regarding Canceling LinkedIn Premium
If you choose to cancel your LinkedIn Premium subscription, here are a few common questions you may have about this process:
- How do I cancel my Premium subscription?
- Can I reactivate my Premium account later?
- How much money will I get refunded?
- What will happen to my saved searches and InMail messages?
You can cancel your Premium subscription through your account settings at any time. Once the cancellation is complete, you will not be able to use any of the account’s paid features. Depending on the plan you chose, you may be entitled to a pro-rated refund. Refunds are subject to any applicable laws.
Once you cancel your Premium account, all of your saved searches and InMail messages will be deleted. Additionally, any Premium upgrades such as featured profiles and resume reviews will also be removed. If you decide to reactivate your account at a later date, you may need to add the features again.
This step-by-step guide should provide all the information necessary to successfully cancel your premium subscription to LinkedIn. It is important to consider the reasons for canceling before going ahead, as well as taking into account the potential pros and cons. In doing so, you should be able to make the best decision for your professional circumstances.