Are you tired of seeing (and having to delete) emails from a certain person? Find out how to ban someone on Gmail based on their address or sender name, and Gmail will make sure you don’t receive any more spam emails.
First, there are the Block-Headed Ants.
You don’t need doors to your home if you’re the proper type of ant. It’s all in your mind.
The Colobopsis explodens ants’ “doorkeepers” have enormous, block-shaped heads that they employ to prevent intruders on Borneo’s vast island.
Do you have any plans to ban a sender from your email before we speak about the ants’ strange name? Put Gmail’s hardworking ants to work for you; it’s simple:
On Gmail, how do you block Sender
By email address, you may block a sender.
1. Using Gmail on the web, you may block an email address so that communications from that address are automatically sent to Spam:
2. Using a desktop browser, open a message from the sender you wish to ban in Gmail.
3. Next to the sender’s name, click the More menu option (…).
4. Make sure you don’t click the same-shaped More menu button in the conversation’s toolbar by mistake (appearing together with buttons such as Delete and Label).
Note: In a discussion, if you don’t see the More button next to the sender’s name, click the name to enlarge the message.
5. From the option that appears, choose Block “Name.”
6. Under Block this email address, choose Block.
To use the Gmail app for Android to block sender mail address, follow these steps:
1. Open the Gmail app on your phone.
2. Now open a message from the sender you wish to stop receiving messages from.
3. More can be tapped.
4. Now choose Block “Name.”
5. Block Sender Based on Their Name
You may also block sender’s name in Gmail; to have all emails from a sender with a certain name automatically sent to the Gmail Trash:
1. In a desktop browser, go to Gmail.
2. In the Gmail search box, click Show search options.
3. Enter the sender’s name in the From field, enclosing it in quotation marks (“).
4. Allowing Gmail to auto-complete the name will result in the email address being entered instead of the name.
5. Type “Heinz Tschabitscher” into Gmail to create a filter for emails from Heinz Tschabitscher.
6. Create a filter by clicking the Create button.
7. Make sure Delete it is selected under When a message matching this search arrives:.
8. Click the Create filter button once again.
How to Block Emails with Attachments or Emails of a Certain Size
To have Gmail remove emails that are larger than a particular size, follow these steps:
1. In a desktop browser, go to Gmail.
2. In Gmail’s search box, click Show search options.
3. Under Size, choose more than.
4. Choose a metric for assessing message size: megabytes, kilobytes, or bytes.
5. Set the maximum message size that may be sent.
6. Choose something like 1500 KB to prohibit big emails in general but not basic PDF files, for example.
Note: You may also ban emails with attachments in Gmail instead of setting a maximum message size: check whether it has an attachment
7. Create a filter by clicking the Create button.
8. Check Delete it from the When a message matching this search arrives: section.
9. Create a filter by clicking the Create button.
What happens to emails that have been blocked?
The location of emails from people you’ve banned in Gmail is determined on the kind of blocking:
Messages from banned senders are automatically sent to the Spam folder.
Messages from senders whose names have been banned (through a filter) are routed to the Trash folder.
Gmail just moves incoming emails to the Spam or Trash folders quietly but automatically. The sender is unaware that their communication (or they) has been banned.
Can I use the Gmail app for iOS to ban someone on Gmail?
Blocking senders is currently unavailable in the Gmail app for iOS. However, you may use a mobile browser to access Gmail’s desktop version and utilize it to ban senders.
Can I use Simple HTML Gmail to ban someone on Gmail?
HTML is a simple language. The banned senders list is not accessible in Gmail. Filters, on the other hand, may be created and edited.
To automatically send someone’s emails to the trash by blocking them by name or email address in Simple HTML Gmail:
1. Open Gmail in Simple HTML mode.
2. Next to the Gmail search box, click Create a filter.
3. Under From:, type the sender’s name or email address.
4. Next, click the Next Step button.
5. Check Remove it from the Choose action section.
6. Select Create Filter from the drop-down menu.
we have come across every ways and method to block sender in gmail. You must now have understood the given ways and method to block sender on gmail.