Trying to repair YouTube on your pc or smartphone? You can clear your internet browser cache to remedy YouTube points, or clear the cellular app’s cache in your Android or iPhone. If you’re trying to reset your YouTube suggestions, you possibly can delete your watch and search historical past. This wikiHow information reveals to you the way to clear the YouTube cache and delete your YouTube historical past on Android, iPhone, and PC.
Things You Should Know
- Clear your internet browser cache to repair points with the YouTube website.
- Clear the YouTube app cache in your smartphone to repair widespread issues.
- Delete your YouTube historical past to reset your suggestions.
Clearing the App Cache (Android)
- Open the Settings app. This methodology clears the app’s cache knowledge, resetting the YouTube app. This fixes widespread points, however, it doesn’t reset your suggestions since that data is saved in your YouTube account.
- Note that the steps will fluctuate relying on your model of Android and your gadget mannequin.
- Tap Apps. This will open the checklist of apps.
- Tap YouTube. This will open the app choices for YouTube.
- Tap Storage. This will open the storage settings for the YouTube app.
- Tap Clear cache. This will clear the YouTube app’s cache knowledge, which can repair minor points with the app. If there’s nonetheless an issue with the app, attempt deleting the app and reinstalling it.
Clearing the App Cache (iPhone/iPad)
- Locate the YouTube app on your home screen. To clear the app cache, you’ll want to delete the app from your phone and re-download it. Clearing the cache will assist repair minor points with the app, however, it gained’t reset your suggestions, since that knowledge is saved in your YouTube account.
- Alternatively, you possibly can find YouTube in the App Library.
- Tap and maintain the YouTube app. This will make a choices menu seem.
- Tap Remove App. This will open an immediate asking about the way you need to take away the app.
- Tap Delete App. This will delete the YouTube app and its knowledge from your telephone.
- After it finishes deleting, re-download the app from the App Store.
How to Delete the Cache in YouTube: Desktop & Mobile App
Clearing the Chrome Cache
- Click the More button. It’s the three vertical circles in the high proper of chrome, after your profile image. This methodology clears your Google Chrome cache, fixing minor points with the YouTube website. This gained’t reset your suggestions since that knowledge is saved in your YouTube account.
- This methodology covers Google Chrome. For Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari, try our general guide to clearing your browser’s cache.
- Click More instruments. This is in the More pop-up menu.
- Click Clear shopping knowledge. This is a choice in the “More instruments” part of the More menu.
- Select a time vary and deletion choices. Selecting “All time” in the Time vary drop-down field is the most surefire manner to resolve points. To clear the cache, you solely want to test the “Cached photographs and records data” choice. Clearing the “Cookies and different website knowledge” can also assist resolve issues.
- Click Clear knowledge. This will verify your selections and delete the chosen knowledge for the chosen time-frame.
Deleting YouTube History (Desktop)
- Click the profile button. It’s the circle along with your profile image in the top-left of https://www.youtube.com/. This opens the YouTube profile choices.
- If you’ve been watching YouTube videos, however, the suggestions haven’t been good recently, deleting your watch and searching historical past resets the suggestions, supplying you with a recent beginning.
- Click Your knowledge on YouTube. It’s after the defend icon with an individual inside. This is in the profile choices.
- Click Manage your YouTube Watch History. It’s at the backside of the YouTube Watch History part.
- Click Delete. This will open a choices menu to choose a spread of historical past to delete.
- Click Delete at all times. This will open an affirmation window.
- Click Delete. This will verify the deletion of your watch’s historical past and search historical past. Doing so will reset your YouTube suggestions because it gained’t can use your historical past to suggest content material.
Deleting YouTube History (Mobile)
- Tap the profile button. It’s the profile image in the high proper of the cellular app. This methodology applies to Android and iPhone.
- Tap Settings. It’s after the gear icon in the profile choices menu.
- Tap History & privateness. This will open the “History & privateness” menu.
- Tap Clear to watch the historical past. This will open an affirmation pop-up window.
- Tap Clear to watch the historical past. Tapping this in the affirmation window will verify the deletion of your watch’s historical past.
- Tap Clear and search historical past. This will open an affirmation pop-up window.
- Tap Clear and search historical past. Tapping this in the affirmation window will verify the deletion of your search historical past.
Q: How do I clear my desktop app cache?
A: All the cache records data in the Windows Store can be cleared in the event you carry out a reset or the cache records data of the Windows Store. It will completely delete the app’s knowledge in your gadget together with your sign-in particulars. Go to Settings> System> Apps & options> Click Store> Advanced choices> Reset.
Q: What occurs if I have a clear knowledge of the YouTube app?
A: What Happens When You Clear Data for YouTube. You should be acquainted by now that clearing knowledge for the YouTube app is not going to delete your account and revealed movies. Even your playlists watch, and search historical past don’t get affected. They are tied to your Google account.
Q: Where do I discover my desktop cache?
A: Right-click on the Start button and click on Task Manager. 2. On the Task Manager display, click on the Performance tab > click on CPU in the left pane. In the right pane, you will notice L1, L2, and L3 Cache sizes listed beneath the “Virtualization” part.
Q: How do I clear all app cache knowledge?
A: Open Settings, after which swipe to and faucet Apps. Select or seek the app you need to clear. Tap Storage, after which the faucet Clear cache.
Q: Is it OK to Clear knowledge on YouTube?
A: Don’t fear private knowledge; clearing the YouTube cache on Android does not take away private information. Instead, it removes temp recordsdata that may probably enhance your YouTube expertise however typically causes extra points than it is price.
Q: What is the distinction between clear cache and clear knowledge?
A: Clear cache: Deletes nonpermanent knowledge. Some apps can open slower the subsequent time you employ them.