How To Fix Twitter Loading Slow On Your Device
It’s normal to be irritated right now if you suffer slowdowns while refreshing your Twitter timeline.
Most of the time, network troubles are the root cause of twitter timeline loading delays. Because Twitter is an online platform, it is critical to maintain a reliable network connection while using the program. However, it is also conceivable that the issue is caused by a third-party software or a misconfiguration on your device.
Whatever the matter may be, we are here to assist!
- Examine Twitter’s servers.
Whether Twitter isn’t working properly, the first thing you should do is check to see if their servers are up and running. Twitter’s servers may have experienced a momentary difficulty, or there may be ongoing maintenance.
You may do this by using third-party applications such as Down detector, which shows the current status and activity of websites during the last 24 hours.
Unfortunately, there is little we can do if their servers are the source of the issue. Check in on a regular basis so you may be notified as soon as the problem is resolved.
- Disable VPN.
Running VPNs on your device may cause more problems than it solves. While VPN services offer protection, they may also disrupt the operation of your network. VPNs alter your IP address at random to keep your data hidden when browsing the web and to safeguard your network.
If your Twitter timeline is taking too long to load, try turning off your VPN to minimize network disruptions.
- Examine for Updates.
Developers provide updates on a regular basis to guarantee that their programs are effectively optimized. Check for an update if you notice a substantial change in Twitter’s performance. It’s possible that the version of Twitter you’re using isn’t suited for your device.
You may check for updates on Android by performing the following:
- To begin, launch the Play Store from your home screen and go to the side drawer by clicking the Menu button in the search field.
- Then, tap My Apps & Games to force your device to look for updates.
- Finally, touch the Update option next to Twitter to get the most recent version.
For iOS users, check the step-by-step tutorial below for instructions.
- To access the App Store, tap on the App Store icon on your home screen.
- Now, from the bottom navigation bar, choose the Upgrades option to check for available updates.
- Finally, if a Twitter update is available, press the Update button.
Try loading your timeline again after upgrading Twitter to ensure that everything is in order.
- Delete All Media and Web Storage.
Twitter for iOS now gives users greater control over their program files. Web and media files are cached files that aid in the performance of Twitter on your device. These data, however, may build over time and become more difficult to load.
If this is the case, loading cached files on your device will be slower, which explains why your tweets timeline is taking so long to load.
- To begin, launch Twitter from your home screen and go to the side drawer.
- Then, choose Settings and Privacy.
- Now, under the General page, choose Data Usage.
- Select either Media Storage or Web Storage.
- Finally, press the Clear Media Storage or Clear Web Storage button to begin the procedure. Rep these instructions to clean both the Media and Web Storage folders.
Return to your timeline after removing your cached data to see whether its speed has improved.
- Delete your browser’s cache and cookies.
Most current browsers utilize caches and cookies to reduce the time it takes for previously visited pages to load. However, if this data becomes damaged, it may create a slew of issues.
If your twitter timeline is taking too long to load, consider clearing your browser data to remove damaged caches and cookies.
- To begin, open your browser and click the CTRL + H buttons on your keyboard.
- Clear Browsing Data from the side menu inside your browser’s history.
- Then, choose Time Range and modify it to All Time.
Finally, check the boxes next to ‘Cached Images and Files’ and ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’ before clicking the Clear Data button.
Return to Twitter and re-access your account after clearing your browser data. Try refreshing your timeline a few times to check if there are any slowdowns.
- Turn off all browser extensions.
Extensions are third-party browser programs that modify or add functionality to certain websites. While it enhances your user experience, it may also add to the stress on your system and cause it to slow down.
To optimize the timeline of your tweets, consider disabling your browser extensions and see if you notice any changes.
- On your browser, click the Options button in the upper-right corner of the screen and then pick Settings.
- Then, from the side drawer, choose the Extensions tab.
- Finally, deactivate your browser addons.
- Reinstall Twitter if necessary.
If you continue to have problems with Twitter performance, we recommend that you reinstall the app on your device. This ensures that you have a functional copy of Twitter and that there are no issues with its files.
To reinstall Twitter on Android, follow the instructions below.
- First, go to your home screen and tap the Twitter app icon until a selection screen opens.
- Then, to uninstall the program from your smartphone, hit Uninstall.
- Finally, go to the Google Play Store and reinstall Twitter.
- Check out the instructions below for iOS users to help you through the process.
- Press the Twitter app icon on your home screen until a pop-up screen appears.
- Tap on Remove App and then follow the on-screen instructions to remove the app.
- Finally, go back to the App Store and reinstall Twitter.
Log back onto your account after reinstalling Twitter and attempt to refresh your tweets timeline.
- Check and Reset Your Internet Connection.
Because Twitter is an online software, your network connection may be poor, causing your tweets timeline to load slowly. To confirm this, do a speed test on your network using Fast.com to determine its speed.
If the results show that your internet connection is sluggish, consider restarting it to refresh your ISP’s connection. Unplug your router’s power cord for 5 to 10 seconds. Restart it by plugging in the power cord again.
After that, conduct another speed test on your network to ensure that the issue has been resolved. If you continue to have network troubles, call your service provider immediately and let them resolve the situation.
Check out Fiverr.
Do you need assistance with your projects? Look into Fiverr
Fiverr is a freelancing marketplace where you can purchase and sell services. You may display your abilities such as web development, picture editing, graphics design, and more on Fiverr!
Fiverr is now one of the leading markets for digital services. It provides a reliable payment mechanism that protects both customers and freelancers. With Fiverr, you may hire the finest freelancers for the project at an affordable price!
Unfortunately, if your tweets timeline is still loading slowly, we suggest contacting Twitter for assistance.
Report the issue you’re having on their support website, and maybe they’ll be able to assist. When reporting an issue, attempt to provide your account information and other relevant facts to assist their staff in resolving the issue as quickly as possible.