If you need to decrease YouTube and proceed to listen to the audio, you might need to pay for a YouTube Premium account. There are several workarounds in the event you don’t need to pay a month-to-month price, together with some that do not require downloads. This wikiHow will present you with a way to decrease YouTube movies on your laptop, telephone, or pill without interrupting playback.
Using Firefox on a Phone or Tablet
- Open Firefox. This technique works for iPhone, iPad, and Android telephones/tablets. If you don’t have the Firefox net browser, you possibly can obtain it at no cost from the Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS).
- Go to https://youtube.com. You’ll want to use your net browser as an alternative to the YouTube app.
- Navigate to and faucet the video you need to play. The video will start to play.
- Tap the three-dot menu on the top-right nook. The menu will increase.
- Tap Request Desktop Site. This reloads the positioning as if you are on a pc.
- Tap the video to play it once more.
- Tap the house button. Your YouTube video will likely be within the background but enjoy.
Minimizing YouTube on Android Oreo
- Turn on Picture-in-picture (PiP). PiP permits you to proceed with watching YouTube movies even after you’ve minimized the app. If you aren’t a YouTube Premium subscriber, you will note adverts within the video.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps & Notifications (or Apps) > Advanced (or ⋮) > Special entry > Picture-in-picture.
- Tap YouTube.
- Tap to flip the change after “Allow permission.”
- Open YouTube. This seems to be like a white play icon on a purple background. You’ll discover it on your homepage, within the app drawer, or by looking out.
- Navigate to and faucet on a video. The video ought to begin enjoying.
- Tap the house button. This is often the button in the course of the navigation bar. The YouTube video will shrink to the aspect of your display screen however will proceed to enjoy it.
- Drag the PiP to the underside of the display screen to cease playback.
How to Minimize YouTube
Using a Chrome Extension on a Computer
- Go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore in Google Chrome. You’ll set up an extension that can permit YouTube movies to overlay your browser so you possibly can watch the video without being within the YouTube tab.
- Search “Floating for YouTube.” You’ll discover the search bar on the left of the browser.
- Click Add to Chrome after the primary result. The app is known as “Floating for YouTube Extension” supplied by Deanzel.
- A warning that the extension could have entry to your shopping data will seem. Click Add extension to proceed.
- A window will pop up when the putting-in course is full, however earlier than you need to use the extension, you want to set up the app.
- Go to the Floating for YouTube app web store page. This app will allow the extension to work.
- Click Add to Chrome. You’ll be redirected to your Apps web page after it installs.
- Open the YouTube video you need to play.
- Click the Floating for YouTube extension icon. You’ll see this within the higher proper nook of the Chrome browser window. The app icon seems to be like a white pin on a purple background. The video will then seem in a small window to the higher left of your display screen and can keep there as you turn tabs.
Q: How do I decrease YouTube whereas utilizing different apps?
A: Ever since Android 8.0 Oreo, Android has enabled a “picture-in-picture mode,” which routinely pops up a miniature viewing window in the event you navigate away from YouTube. This window might be dragged wherever on the display screen and tapped to enlarge or to enter playback controls.
Q: How do I decrease my display screen whereas watching YouTube?
A: To use picture-in-picture (PiP), exit the YouTube app while a video is enjoyed. If you may have the PiP setting turned on, the video will shrink right into a PiP window. The PiP window might be dragged to totally different components of the display screen, permitting playback to proceed on high of different apps.
Q: Where is the decrease button on YouTube?
A: Pressing on the primary button of the underside purple bar, Minimizes YouTube right into a small window. Re-size and transfer wherever on your display screen! The window will at all times be seen above all different apps and home windows!
Q: How do I decrease YouTube whereas enjoying on Android?
A: Now, if you go into the YouTube app and begin enjoying a video, you possibly can merely press the Home key on the backside of your display screen, and the video will shrink down, permitting you to go to one other app where it continues to play.
Q: Can I make YouTube a floating window?
A: Open the app, and grant all required permissions. Don’t overlook allowing the app overlay permissions. On the Floating Tube app, you may see movies from YouTube. Play any video, and you will get a YouTube Floating Window on your android cellular display screen.