Snapchat is one of the several social networking services that allow users to share photographs, videos, and other multimedia material with their friends, family, and loved ones. Snapchat’s sole drawback is that you cannot save these photographs to your Android or iPhone’s gallery.
There is always a certain time restriction for how long photographs will remain on the platform, or after the receiver has viewed the item, it will be promptly deleted from the app.
Even though the photographs are no longer accessible on the Snapchat app, they can still be retrieved from the cache on your smartphone. Additionally, the photographs and videos you post with other Snapchat users will remain on the Snapchat server for some time.
Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos
Here are a few ways to save the Snapchat photographs you have received:
- Take a Screenshot: The simplest approach to preserve a Snapchat photo is to take a screenshot of the image. Note that the individual will receive a notification when you take a screenshot of their images.
- Stories: Snapchat’s stories are only viewable for 24 hours. You might, however, store them for later use by selecting “Live Story.”
- Memories: All photographs and videos stored in the memories area can be accessed at the user’s discretion at any time. These photographs will remain in your account forever.
There are occasions when users accidentally delete their Snapchat photographs or neglect to save them for memories.
In this article, staunch will provide a comprehensive approach for recovering deleted Snapchat photographs and retrieving deleted snaps.
In reality, you can use identical methods to restore deleted Snapchat memories on your Android and iOS devices.
Recovering Deleted Snapchat Images (Recover Deleted Snaps)
- Launch the Snapchat My Data page on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Enter your Username/Email Address and password to log in to your Snapchat account.
- This link will take you to the My Data page. Here, you can request Snapchat to access your account information.
- As seen below, scroll down and click on the Submit Request button.
- Your request for account data has been successfully submitted, and it will be available for download within 24 hours.
- Once your data is available for download, an email including a download link will be sent to your registered email address. Occasionally, it may take longer to obtain a download link.
- Additionally, there is a daily restriction on the number of times you may request to retrieve your data.
- Open the Snapchat email and press the download link.
- It will lead you to the My Data tab, where you may select mydata.zip.
Now, follow the steps below to see and restore deleted Snapchat photographs from the data file you downloaded.
How to Retrieve Deleted Snapchat Images on Snapchat Date
- Extract the mydata.zip file using your mobile device.
- Once extracted, a new folder will be created.
- Launch it, then choose the index.html file.
- Select the Photos option from the panel on the left.
- There are deleted Snapchat images from all time. Select the images, then press Recover.
Alternative Methods for Recovering Deleted Snapchat Photos
Visit Snapchat Photographs Recovery by staunch to retrieve your deleted Snapchat photos. Enter your username and hit the option labeled “Recover Photos.” It will restore photographs to your account automatically.
Retrieve Snapchat Images from Cache the phone’s storage.
If you’re using Android, you may access the cache folder to retrieve lost Snapchat photographs and data.
Here is how you should accomplish this:
- Navigate to the device’s File Manager.
- To access com. Snapchat. android, navigate to Android > Data > com. Snapchat.android.
- Launch the Snapchat Cache directory.
- Proceed to the “received image snaps” section.
- You may view the deleted images.
- Select the images, then press Recover.
Retrieve Deleted Snapchat Images on an iPhone
For those who have connected their smartphone with iCloud, restoring Snapchat photographs will be a breeze. Here’s how to restore Snapchat from an iCloud backup.
- Visit Settings, General, and Reset.
- Tap “Delete all material and configuration’s
- Restart the device and choose “Restore from iCloud backup.”
- Here we are! Restore all accessible iCloud backup files.