Everyone has been there; there is no sense in denying it. How often have you attempted to enter your password but forgot it, forcing you to reset it? With a variety of password-saving options and auto-login services, it is no longer necessary to remember passwords.
If you have forgotten your Snapchat password and are presently logged out of your account, the following information is for you.
What should you do if you forget your Snapchat email and password?
You may change your Snapchat password directly from the login screen if you are signed out or attempting to sign in from a different device. It should be noted, however, that your Snapchat account must have a registered phone number for this to function.
- Tap the “Forgot your password?” link underneath the password field. Select ‘Via Phone’ now.
- Next, provide the phone number associated with your Snapchat account. (Ensure that your phone is accessible and has network coverage.) Tap ‘Continue’.
- You can choose how you would like to receive your verification code in this section. ” you will receive a phone call with the verification code if you select “Call me.”
- On the subsequent screen, enter the six-digit code. You may now change your password and log in!
How to reset Snapchat without a phone number
You may now change your Snapchat password even if you do not have a phone number linked with your account, or if you do but do not have access to it. Follow the aforementioned directions to reach: Have you forgotten your password? > Email.
- Enter the email address you used to create your Snapchat account, then click “Submit.”
- Within a minute, Snapchat will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
- Sign in to your Snapchat account once you have reset your password using your new credentials.
How to change your Snapchat password without your email address or phone number
Okay, this is a little more challenging. If you have forgotten your password and do not have access to the email address or phone number associated with your account, consider the alternatives below.
Discover your email address across all your email accounts and services.
You will be able to reset your Snapchat password if you can locate your email address which you used while making the account. To determine the email address linked with your Snapchat account, look for the welcome email Snapchat provides you when you first register an account. The subject of the email is “Welcome to Snapchat!” Use the email client’s search function to seek the following terms:
- Welcome to the Snapchat Team!
- Send a confirmation email to no [email protected] (this is the email ID from which the welcome email is sent)
- Use these search phrases on all of your email addresses; if you’re fortunate, one of them will provide results!
Utilize Google Search Chips
If you have a Gmail account, utilize the new Search Chips feature. Search Chips assist in refining search results. If you know the approximate date you started your account, you may refine your search using the ‘Custom range’ function.
Examine Google’s Password Manager
Did you realize that Google has been storing your passwords for just this purpose? If you choose to save your password with Google the first time you logged in, there’s a good possibility you can retrieve it from the Google Password Manager.
To access Google Password Manager, navigate to your device’s settings and hit the Google icon. Under your email address, click “Manage your Google Account.”
Swipe the upper panel to access ‘Security,’ then scroll to the right to access ‘Password Manager’ Search for your Snapchat account, then hit the ‘view’ option to display your password.
Contact support for Snapchat
Try contacting Snapchat to see if they can assist you in recovering your account. Utilize the Snapchat Support Form located at the bottom of their “Help” page.
How to reset your Snapchat password if you are already in into the application
Follow this simple process if you are currently signed in to your Snapchat account and wish to reset your password but cannot recall your previous one.
- Launch Snapchat and navigate to Settings. Select “Password” from the “My Account” menu.
- Choose how you’d like to receive your verification code after tapping “Forgot your password.”
- Enter the verification code, then create a new password. Ensure that you log out and log back into the application to ensure that the modifications have taken effect.
We hope this guide assisted you in recovering your Snapchat account. Leave your questions in the comments section below.