Are you trying to find your LinkedIn URL to share with potential employers, colleagues, and connections? If so, this helpful guide will show you how to quickly locate it. Discover the simple steps involved in finding your unique and individualized URL now to make your career more accessible to those looking for you.
1. What is a LinkedIn URL?
A LinkedIn URL is a unique web address that takes people to a LinkedIn profile page. Unlike a typical website address, the LinkedIn URL won’t change even if a person changes their profile name, and can be easily shared with others.
A LinkedIn URL can be used to drive traffic to your profile from other websites and platforms, i.e. social media, business cards, or even as part of an email signature. Having a custom URL makes it easier for people to find and remember your LinkedIn profile.
Elements of a LinkedIn URL:
- Your name
- Country identifier
- LinkedIn domain
A typical LinkedIn URL will begin with the person’s name, followed by the country identifier and the LinkedIn domain, i.e. linkedin.com. To make it even easier, you can shorten your URL using a third-party link shortener, like Bitly.
2. How to Create Your LinkedIn URL
Creating a custom LinkedIn URL is a great way to make your LinkedIn profile easier to find and access. Furthermore, it’s a simple way to create a more professional image of your online presence. Here’s how to create your LinkedIn profile URL:
- Step 1. Log in to your LinkedIn account. Make sure you’re logged in to your personal LinkedIn profile page and not to your company page.
- Step 2. Click on your picture in a circle or an initial in the top right of your profile.
- Step 3. On the left side of the window, you’ll see a link to “Edit Public profile & URL”
- Step 4. Click on the edit icon next to your current public profile URL. This will allow you to edit your URL.
Now, you can change the first part of your URL, this is what people will type in the browser’s address bar when they access your profile. Keep in mind that once you click “Save,” you can’t change your LinkedIn URL again. Make sure the URL is easy to remember and appropriate to use in any formal communication. For example, yours could be “linkedin.com/in/firstlastname.”
Once you click “Save,” you are ready to share your new LinkedIn profile URL with connections, potential employers or clients. You can copy and paste the URL from your browser’s address bar and use it just about anywhere you might be sharing information about yourself.
3. Finding Your Existing LinkedIn URL
One of the most important aspects of using LinkedIn is finding your page’s specific URL. This URL serves as an identifier for your personal page and is used on resumes, to direct others to your page, and to help employers find your page. Luckily, is an easy task.
The quickest way to find your LinkedIn URL is to open up LinkedIn on your computer. On the top left hand side, click your profile image. This should direct you to your public profile. On the top, you should be able to see your profile picture and your name beside it. Your name should be clickable and bolded; click on the highlighted text.
Your LinkedIn URL should then appear in the address bar of your internet browser. It should include your first and last name. If the current URL does not have your full name, click Edit public profile & URL under the edit profile icon. This should open up a new page. On the right side of the page, you should be able to see a section called Edit URL. This page should include your current URL. If the current URL is not what you wish it to be, then you can click on the pencil icon to the right of it. This should allow you to type the URL you desire.
4. Optimizing Your LinkedIn URL
LinkedIn gives you the possibility of customizing your business profile URL in order to make it easier to remember. This can be done by accessing the ‘Edit public profile & URL’ option, which can be located in the ‘Edit Profile’ section. From there, it is possible to create a customized URL instead of the automatically generated one.
In order to benefit from the most out of a URL, take into consideration these aspects:
- Keywords: use relevant keywords relating to the field you are in. This will add value to your profile conversation and make it easier to find.
- Keep it short: make sure it doesn’t include too many words. The longer it is, the more difficult it will be to remember.
- Include your name: if you have a common name try to use a combination of words, your name, and field of expertise to make it more distinctive.
Additionally, make sure to adapt the URL to other websites and platforms that you may have connected to your profile. This will provide a more consistent profile experience to your followers. Once you are done, click on ‘Save’ to finalize the changes.
5. Get Started with Your LinkedIn Profile
Steps to Complete Your LinkedIn Profile:
With a professionally completed LinkedIn profile, you can up your chances of success in the job market. Here are the steps you need to follow to create a great LinkedIn profile:
- 1. Select an appropriate profile picture: Ensure that you select a picture you feel represents you in a professional manner.
- 2. Add a short summary: This should be a few sentences that serve to introduce your skills and credentials.
- 3. List all previous work experience: Make sure you mention the key achievements and responsibilities that you held in each position.
- 4. Upload a professional resume: This is other way that potential employers can get an overview of your skills.
- 5. Ask for recommendations: This can make a huge difference to your profile, as potential employers can see proof of your skills from previous employers.
By following these simple steps, you can build a great profile that shows potential employers you are the perfect candidate.
In conclusion, creating a Linkedin URL is quick and easy to do, taking only a few moments out of your day. Although it may seem a daunting task at the start, figuring out how to locate your Linkedin URL is easily done. With this knowledge, you can now take the next step in creating an impressive and sought-after Linkedin profile.