If you are new to Facebook Messenger or have recently installed it, then you might have noticed a lot of features and icons in the App. Since it a messaging app, users must have noticed various kinds of circles that appear in front of or under the message that they send to their Facebook friends. These icons don’t show up in the Facebook chat though.
There are various icons in the chatbox when you send a message to someone. Like an empty circle with a grey outline, a grey tick with a white background within the grey circle outline, there is a white tick within a grey circle, and then there is a circle that shows the profile picture of the person you sent the message to. All of these icons represent something.
Let us first answer the question of the viewers; “What does a grey circle with a white tick mean in Facebook Messenger App?”
Filled Grey Circle with a White Tick
• It is an icon on Facebook Messenger App that indicates the message has been delivered to the other end i.e. the recipient.
• It is an icon that allows the user to know if their message or text or any information or media they have sent through Messenger has been delivered or not, to the receiver i.e. the people they have sent the message to.
• However, the user must understand that the word “delivered” doesn’t necessarily mean that the recipient has ‘read’ the message or seen it.
• The icon is only there to show the user that it has been confirmed, the message has been successfully sent to the recipient.
• When the icon shows up, it means that the message has only been received by the recipient’s network or phone and, that they will be notified about the message that has been sent to them.
Third-Party Tool or Apps
There are many third-party app and tools developed for executing these kinds of actions. You just need to install these apps in your device, any device you want to use it on. This app is designed so that it helps you do this job. You need to fill up the required information and follow the instructions given. The link to the app is given here:
Most of the users get confused by the similarity in the looks of various icons that show up in the chatbox in Messenger. The circles that come up in the screen under the text or messages look somewhat alike and because of that, the users get confused. Once you type the message and press the “send” button, the message is in the process of being sent. At this very moment, an empty circle with a grey outline appears under your message. This indicates that your message hasn’t been sent to the recipient. Once the message has been sent then a grey tick with a white background within the grey circle outline shows up, this indicates the message has been sent from your side but not been delivered yet to the recipient. This means that the recipient has yet to receive your message. After that, the icon with a white tick inside a grey circle shows that indicates the message has been delivered to the recipient but they haven’t seen the message. At last, when the recipient receives your message and sees it then the icon changes to a circle displaying the profile picture of the recipient. These are the icons that show up in the chatbox in the Messenger App and indicate the above-said things to the user. After reading this, we hope that the viewers’ confusion towards the icons of Messengers chat box has been overcome.