You’ve come to the correct place if you’re planning to stop using Outlook or if you have some important emails in old PST files that you’d want to transfer into your preferred Gmail client.
Gmail users like it because of its ability to access it from anywhere and its more secure environment. You may import MS Outlook emails to your Gmail account utilizing a few different ways. We’ll go through each one individually.
Import MS Outlook Emails to Gmail the Manual Way
Overview: This native approach entails transferring desired PST emails from a PST file to the Outlook program (assuming we have a separate PST file), establishing a Gmail account in Microsoft Outlook using IMAP, and lastly transferring PST emails to the Gmail folder.
Try Kernel Import PST to Gmail Software to import MS Outlook emails to Gmail. Other IMAP accounts, such as AOL, Yahoo, and Outlook, may import PST files.
The user’s computer must have the Microsoft Outlook program installed.
The Gmail account’s login details.
Users may activate IMAP in their Gmail account settings by logging in and going to the Settings section. Select the Enable IMAP option under the IMAP access section of the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Finally, save this option by clicking Save Changes.
1. To manually import MS Outlook emails to Gmail, follow the instructions below.
2. Open the Microsoft Outlook program.
3. Open Outlook and import the PST file (if you are not using it in Outlook currently).
Note: To import, choose File > Open & Export > Import/Export from the File menu.
4. After that, the Import and Export wizard will appear. Click Next after selecting Import from another application or file.
5. Then choose Outlook Data File (.pst).
6. Additionally, by viewing the PST file from the system location, you may add it to the Outlook program.
You now know where the PST emails are stored in Outlook, as well as the name of the folder.
7. Go to File and choose Add Account from the drop-down menu in Outlook.
8. Select the IMAP option.
9. Click the Connect option after entering your Gmail account email address.
10. Click the Sign in option after entering your Gmail account password.
11. Gmail will be successfully added to your account. Locate and expand the email address on the left side. You have access to all of your account’s folders.
12. Create a folder by right-clicking on any Gmail inbox folder and selecting Create Folder. Give this folder whatever name you like and then click OK.
13. Now, go to the inbox of your imported PST file (or any other folder you choose). You may use the Ctrl+A option to pick any or all of the emails. You may either right-click and choose copy, or you can pick the folder (if you’re selecting all emails) and choose Copy Folder.
14. Then, under the Gmail account, pick the newly created folder and click OK.
The import process will begin, and you will be able to see everything unfold in real time.
Depending on the number of emails sent, the procedure will be finished.
Time and expertise of the Gmail and Outlook interfaces are required for the aforementioned manual solutions. Furthermore, it does not allow transferring data from numerous PST files in order to import huge amounts of data. The procedure is complex and must be handled with caution.
As a result, we’ve created Kernel Import PST to Gmail, a straight PST to Gmail conversion solution. This application eliminates all of the drawbacks of the manual process by transferring both healthy PST and OST files straight to Gmail and other IMAP Mail Servers. It allows for limitless data transfer and includes sophisticated filters for selective import. Using a CSV file, the advanced tool automates mapping and mass migration. Please visit the tool’s website to learn more about it. Importing PSTs to IMAP Mail Servers, such as Gmail, is no longer a tough job!
Users may choose to import MS Outlook emails to Gmail using either a manual method or a professional solution. The manual method, on the other hand, has drawbacks such as complicated processes, single PST addition, and so on. However, a professional application should be used for simple and secure limitless PST import.