What Is The Meaning Of Pm Me On Facebook Comments
Your buddy shared a great picture of you two on Facebook. You’d want to respond to him/her with something relevant, but you don’t want others to know about it. Here’s when you can utilize a Facebook PM function.
You may connect with your Facebook pals in a variety of ways. You may talk on someone’s post, either yours or your friends’, allowing others to read and appreciate your posts, or you can opt to message someone on Facebook.
What Does Facebook PM Stand For?
PM is an abbreviation for personal and private communications sent between two platform members. A Facebook PM is also known as a DM, which stands for Direct message. PM on Facebook is a tool that allows you to exchange messages straight from one person to another without anyone else knowing.
Private communications guarantee user security since the conversations are only accessible between the two of them and are not available to others. Assisting you in keeping your privacy.
You may also modify your account’s privacy settings on Facebook. This option allows you to disable the PM function so that other users do not bother you. Other individuals may not be able to send you a private message this way. If you wish to retain the PM in Facebook option operational but just for a subset of people, the site also provides that option.
We’ve described how to modify the settings of your Facebook account in order to change the PM in Facebook settings below. But first, let’s look at how to send a private message.
How do I send a private message on Facebook?
- Log in to your Facebook account to send a private message to someone.
- From your account, choose the Messages tab.
- Click the Send a New Message button. Enter the name of the person to whom you want to send a message in the To: area, type your message below, and then click Send a private message to your buddy.
- The preceding steps send a message notice to your buddy, who may respond by tapping on it.
How can you change your Facebook privacy settings for PM?
As you can see from the steps above, anybody on your friend’s list may easily send you a private message. However, there may be a reason why you wish to cease receiving PMs on Facebook entirely or just from those you allow. To manage private messages in your message box, follow the steps below to modify your privacy settings.
- Log in to Facebook using your browser’s website.
- The first thing you need to do is sign in to your Facebook account.
- Select the Settings option.
- On your browser, click the carrot icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the Settings and Privacy option, then click on the Settings option, or click here to get straight to the page.
- Scroll down to the Messages area after clicking on the Privacy section.
After clicking on Privacy in the left panel of the Facebook web app, go down to the Privacy Settings and Tools section until you find a How you receive message request’s part near the bottom of the page.
Modify your settings to personalize your Facebook PM.
There are many choices to work on in How you receive message requests.
The first option allows you to choose whether to receive new message requests in your Chats list, your “Message requests” folder, or not at all. This applies solely to messages from prospective connections, such as contacts, friends of friends on Facebook, or Instagram connections.
The second option provides the same choices, but for people you may not be familiar with on Facebook or Instagram.
These are some of the customization options available on Facebook PM. Try these out to see if they help you minimize unsolicited and irritating Facebook private messages.
Please share this article with your friends and family.