How Do I Hide My Friend List On Facebook Even Mutual
Facebook has created a number of privacy tools for users to offer them complete control over their profiles over time. The most essential is the privacy settings for the friends list on Facebook.
So you don’t have to completely conceal your profile by banning individuals in order for them to view your friends who are linked to you. By clicking on it, you may change the parameters. Editing privacy settings is now simpler than ever, and you may also conceal your Facebook friends list from others.
On the user’s profile page, on the left side, below the cover picture, there is a buddy list option. It is configured by default to show all of your friends to everyone who views your profile.
So, if you don’t want the buddy list to be visible to the public, you must alter these privacy settings.
You may do it from any device, such as an iPad, Android, or a PC (Windows, Linux, Mac). The greatest feature is that you can conceal the buddy list from anybody or from everyone except someone.
Simply follow the step-by-step instructions to finish your privacy setting. You will be able to not only conceal your friends, but I will also teach you how to restrict your profile to just common friends.
Reasons to Hide Your Facebook Friend List [How Does It Work?]
Some individuals may not wish to conceal their Facebook friend list, while others do. Every Facebook user has a unique perspective on how to manage their Facebook account.
Perhaps they are attempting to provide protection to family members or friends so that no other Facebook users can communicate with them or see what they have posted on their timeline.
If you are hesitant to share your friend list with the public or other friends, Facebook gives us the option to conceal our Facebook friends list from others.
Hide Facebook Friends From Other Friends
Facebook has introduced new custom options that you may use if you need to conceal your friends from someone or display all of your friends to a certain individual.
Custom privacy settings to conceal friend list is what it’s called.
Simply follow the steps outlined below:
- To begin, choose the pencil symbol from the Friends menu.
- Then, on the right, select the ‘Edit privacy’ option.
- Now, choose the ‘Custom’ gear icon.
- A unique privacy pop-up window will appear. There will be two choices: Share with and Don’t share with.
If you choose one person from the Share with list, the friend list will only be accessible to that person. The rest of your friends will not be able to view this list.
- You may now conceal the list from certain people who have been added to the ‘Don’t Share with’ list. The buddy list with is inaccessible to those individuals. In this instance, you must set the ‘Share with’ option to Friend or Friends of Friends.
When it’s finished, you may look at the results. Click the ‘Save Changes’ button.
- Now that the custom system has been completed. To make the changes take effect, click the ‘Done’ button.
That was the easiest and most effective method to conceal the list that Facebook provided to its users.
How to Hide Your Facebook Friend List on a PC
It is a pretty easy technique, and you are just a few steps away from completing it. So, in order to do this, you must follow the procedures outlined below:
- Log in to your Facebook account first, and then go to your Facebook profile page.
- Then, there will be a Friends option; just click on it. It displays a list of all of your Facebook friends.
- Then, on the Manage button, which resembles a pencil, click.
- After selecting the manage button, you will be able to edit the privacy setting. When you click on it, a new popup window appears with several privacy settings.
- After clicking on the Edit Privacy button, you will see a Friend List choice at the top, and a Public option on the right side. Then, when you click on it, you’ll see a drop-down option. Simply pick the Only me option and click on it. Finally, click the Done button to save your changes.
**Please keep in mind that we will also go through how to conceal your friend list on Facebook using an Android phone.
So, if you want to make your Facebook friends list private, just follow the steps outlined below.
How to Hide Facebook Friends on an Android Phone
There’s no reason to be concerned if you’re using a smartphone. We’ve also included a technique for mobile devicesbelow-
- To begin, open your mobile internet browser and go to m.facebook.com to log in. Then enter your email address and password and press the log in button.
- After successfully logging into Facebook, go to your Facebook profile page, where you will find the Friends option; just click on it.
- Following that, you will see the public option, which indicates that your Facebook friend list is accessible to everyone. So, choose the public option to conceal your friend list, and then select more to see other choices.
- Following that, you will see several choices, such as Public, Friends, and Only me. If you wish to fully conceal your friends list, choose the “Only me” option.
So, here is how you can simply conceal your Facebook friends list from your family and friends, and no one can view your friend list anymore.
Is It Possible to Hide Mutual Facebook Friends?
You can only conceal your unusual pals between you and your buddy. However, it is occasionally essential to converse with the individual without disclosing his identity to your buddy.
In such scenario, knowing that you can communicate with anybody, even if they are not on your friend list, would be helpful. The received messages may be seen under the ‘Message Requests’ option.
Hope this article gave you the the great knowledge you wanted.