How Do You Hide Your Friends List On Facebook
Your Facebook pals get access to your full Friends list by default. This is a fantastic way to help individuals discover common friends, particularly if they’ve just recently joined Facebook. You may, however, want to keep your Friends list secret. We’ll teach you how to hide your online connections in this article. You’ll discover how to keep your Facebook pals from seeing each other, as well as how to keep your Friends list hidden from a particular user. You’ll also discover how to make your whole Friends list private, which is ideal if you’re concerned about your online privacy.
How to Hide Friends on Facebook
Facebook privacy settings may be changed on the desktop or via the Facebook mobile app.
Let’s begin by altering the following settings on the desktop:
- Go to Facebook and sign in with your existing account.
- Click the tiny downward arrow in the upper-right corner of Facebook.
Choose “Settings & Privacy -> Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Privacy” from the left-hand menu.
- Go to the “How others discover and contact you: Who can access your friends list” section. Click the “Edit” link next to it.
- To control who has access to your friends list, use the “Who can view your friends list?” drop-down menu.
Choose one of the choices below:
Your Friend’s list is visible to everyone.
Only your Friends will have access to your list. Other Facebook users are unable to access it.
With the exception of friends… Do you wish to share your Facebook Friends list with everyone, with the exception of a few people? It may be simpler to designate who should not have access to your Friends list in this situation.
Select “Specific friends” and input the names of the fortunate few if you only want to share your list with a few individuals.
It’s just me
This conceals your Friends list from everyone, even those who are already on it!
This is the most adaptable choice if you have extremely precise needs. You may input the names of people who should and shouldn’t have access to your Friends list using the “Custom” option. You may even limit or give access to whole groups, such as “Friends of Friends,” by using “Custom.”
Select your desired parameters, and that’s all there is to it! You’ve now gained complete control over your Friends list.
Facebook is available on Android and iOS.
If you have Facebook installed on your phone, you may change your Facebook privacy settings via the iOS or Android mobile app.
Please note that the procedures below are based on Facebook for iOS, therefore they may vary somewhat on Android:
- Open the Facebook mobile app on your smartphone.
- Tap the three-line symbol in the bottom-right corner.
- Scroll down to “Settings & Privacy” and hit it.
- Select “Settings -> Privacy Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to “Who can view your friends list?” and hit it.
- You may now choose which individuals or groups of individuals should have access to your Friends list.
You now know how to keep your friends list hidden from others. Hope you now have understood what you wanted. You can share this idea your friends and family.