How Do You Hide Your Likes On Facebook
You have complete control over the sites and comments you like on Facebook. So, why does Facebook feel compelled to share this information with the rest of the world? Some of the things you like may be personal or private to you. Unfortunately, once you like anything, it is visible to everyone who visits that website or yours.
You’re in luck if you’re not the kind to make a big statement and would rather keep your tastes to yourself. Here are a few pointers to assist you avoid exposing too much of your own emotions. This post will explain how to keep all of your Facebook likes hidden from everyone but yourself.
Different Types of Facebook Likes
To begin, you need be aware that there are many different kinds of likes on Facebook. Movies, Television, Music, Books, Sports Teams, Athletes, Inspirational People, Restaurants, Games, Activities, Interests, Sports, Food, Clothing, Websites, and Other are just a few examples. Clearly, a like may appear in a variety of locations. You may choose who can view your likes on a category-by-category basis. This implies you’ll have to choose whether to conceal or display all likes in a certain category.
There is presently no way to hide sites that have been liked by a specific user. This means that if you like a football page, it will display that you liked a sports page, but you may choose to hide the specific team you liked.
There are also likes from friends and strangers that appear on your timeline. You may also conceal them, but, like the categories, you’ll need to take an all-or-nothing approach to a certain set of individuals. As opposed to the likes directly, you’ll need to select who can view what on your timeline.
Keeping your preferences hidden from the general public
The methods to hide your personal Facebook likes are straightforward. To conceal your preferences, follow these steps:
- To begin, log in to Facebook using the correct credentials.
- Then, in the bar at the top of the page, click on your profile’s avatar/image.
- The avatar/image will appear to the right of the Groups icon and will be accompanied by your display name.
- Locate the More drop-down option on the bar immediately below your cover picture on the profile page.
- Click the More drop-down menu and choose Likes from the menu.
- Scroll down to your “Likes” section and look for the Manage button within the banner on the far right.
- A three-dots symbol represents the Manage button.
- Select Edit the Privacy of Your Likes from the menu after clicking the Manage button.
- A drop-down menu of categories will appear. A globe with a drop-down arrow appears to the right of each category. Click the appropriate drop-down and choose Only me for each category you wish to make private.
- A muted lock will be the Only me icon. You can also choose the Friends option to enable just your friends to view your likes.
- By choosing the Custom option from the list, you may pick particular individuals to share or conceal your likes with.
- After you’ve picked the right degree of privacy for the categories you’ve chosen, each one should now display the appropriate symbol. This indicates that it has been properly configured.
- When you’re done changing who can see your likes and who can’t, click the Close button at the bottom.
Your preferences in those categories are now private. As previously said, concealing likes for specific pages is not presently possible. Having the option to set various limits for each category, on the other hand, is still a good method to preserve some privacy.
Keeping Your Likes, a Secret from Certain Groups
Another method to hide your likes from the general public is to hide your Facebook timeline from whole groups of people. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click the drop-down arrow in the top-right corner of the page when signed in to Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the pop-up menu, then click Settings.
- Select Profile and Tagging from the left-hand menu.
- On this page, you’ll find three choices for who can see your timeline, who may tag you, and whether or not you want to approve those postings before they become public.
- You may modify “Your Activity” by exiting and selecting Privacy from the left-side menu. This implies that all previous and future postings may be hidden from the whole public, all friends or specific friends, or everyone except you.
Perhaps, in the future, Facebook will introduce more detailed privacy settings for likes, allowing you to conceal the information that you love water polo or that you prefer cats over dogs. Unfortunately, until that time arrives, we’ll have to make do with the tools Facebook has given us.