How To Change Your Facebook Username
Each Facebook user account is assigned a username. When you create a Facebook account, the Facebook username is typically created at random. However, there's no need to panic since you can still alter your Facebook username from your phone or desktop.
The aim of the Facebook username is to be used as a means of identifying a Facebook account. Furthermore, the username makes it simple to access the profile link from your Facebook account.
For example, Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook, has customized his Facebook account handle to Zack. You may view the profile of any account simply by adding a username to the Facebook address. For instance, see https://www.facebook.com/zuck
As a result, creating a Facebook login is probably crucial. Because your Facebook username may be used to find and identify the connection from your Facebook profile.
It's simple to alter your Facebook username. As a result, you don't have to be concerned about not being able to complete it. On a phone or a desktop, here's how to change your Facebook username.
How to Change Your Facebook Username
On a laptop or computer
If you often use a PC or laptop to access Facebook, this approach may be suitable for you. You may alter your Facebook username in just a few steps.
On a laptop, here's how to change your Facebook username:
- On your laptop, launch a web browser program.
- Go to the Facebook website (www.facebook.com).
- Use your email address and password to log in.
- Go to the Settings section of the menu.
- Under Username, on the General menu, click edit.
- Fill in the username you'd want to use.
- Save Changes if the Username is accessible.
You receive a warning when you put in your login. If a username isn't accessible, it's because it's been used by another Facebook user.
Use a username that hasn't been used before. Include your Facebook account's name as well. The username on Facebook must be at least 5 characters long.
If you have an Android phone,
The second method requires just the usage of an Android phone's browser application. As a result, you won't need to download the Facebook app from the Play Store.
However, you may follow the third lesson below to learn How to Change Username On Facebook On Android Mobile.
Using a browser on an Android phone is quite similar to using one on a PC or laptop. Simply visit the Facebook website and log in using your Facebook credentials.
- Go to settings and choose the Personal Information option once you've successfully signed in. Then go to your Facebook account settings and change the name to anything you like.
- Click the Review Changes button if you've already given it a name. The name of your Facebook account will then be changed, followed by the username.
Application for Facebook
On both Android and iOS smartphones, the Facebook app is accessible. As a result, you may use this technique to any smartphone device. Simply go to the Play store or Appstore and look for the Facebook app.
- Open the program once it has been installed and log in using your Facebook account. The three slashes in the upper corner should be tapped.
- Pick Settings and Privacy from the drop-down menu, then select Settings. Then hit Personal Information, followed by the name. Fill in the Facebook name you'd like to use as a username.
- If you successfully changed your name, your username will be immediately updated to match the new name. The disadvantage of this technique is that it does not allow you to create a unique Facebook username since it just uses your Facebook name.
This is a guide on how to change your Facebook username on your phone or computer. It is strongly advised that you utilize a computer or laptop to alter your Facebook username without changing your Facebook name.
You may also outwit the system by utilizing a smartphone browser with desktop site mode on. This feature allows you to see Facebook on your mobile device in the same way that it appears on your PC.
One Last Thought
remember to update your Facebook username on a regular basis. Because one of the advantages of using a Facebook username is that the URL or link becomes your Facebook profile.